xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
quiksilver

Google's Instand Messenger! Its here GoogleTalk

Google's Instant Messenger service is currently in beta, but so far looks pretty **** good. ;)

They say talk is cheap. Google thinks it should be free. Google Talk enables you to call or send instant messages to your friends for freeanytime, anywhere in the world.Google Talk offers you:

* Choice: Get in touch over email, IM or a call

* Quality: Talk through your computer but hear your friends as if they were in the same room

* Convenience: Your Gmail contacts are pre-loaded into Google Talk so inviting or talking to your friends is just a click away

It uses your Gmail account so if you want Google talk you will have to get a gmail account. Which is invite only, but ask anyone that has one they probably have over 50 invites.

If you don't have a micophone go get one >_> seriously I got mine for eight dollars. With GoogleTalk you can "call" one of your contacts, they will hear a ringing and click accept or ignore and if they click accept you two can have a conversation. If only one has a microphone the other can still listen.

I hope they make a chat type of thing in which you can use microphones.

Well, enjoy it! :P

Google Talk

google talk, there really isn't anything new in it that other messengers don't have,you can do the mic thing with IM or yahoo messenger, you can even do video on IM. Now if they said that if you get google talk you get just 1 gmail invite, that would be something.

the interface is quite simple, which some people might like..hmm. it seems promising, i guess ill hang on with my ym and xfire for the meantime and login to google talk once in a while~unless i get more contacts there~ ^^

----- Topic closed -----

Please search the forum before making a new topic. This discussion was started as elevenmil stated on post #2. Please direct all your discussion to there. Thank you.

Notice from buffaloHELP:
Moving from Hot News to Google Topics