xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dymondgurl

Transfer Databases Using Phpmyadmin

i am a complete novice at php first of all. but i have a vbulletin forum that i hosted on a free hosting service. of course i maxed out my mysql quota, so now i have to change hosts. i found one, but i want to keep my forum in tact the way it is now. how can transfer the databases using phpmyadmin? in detail if possible.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea. I would though, like to know as well, because I am hosting a forum off Xisto, mostly because I didn't want it to kill all my bandwidth if it got really busy...Anyway, if the day comes that I have to switch to a new board, is that even possible? Sorry... I really know -nothing- when it comes to this.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea. I would though, like to know as well, because I am hosting a forum off Xisto, mostly because I didn't want it to kill all my bandwidth if it got really busy...

Anyway, if the day comes that I have to switch to a new board, is that even possible? Sorry... I really know -nothing- when it comes to this.

178771[/snapback]

Same here and I would liek to save all my work.

Usually you have to backup your forum (any type) and upload to your another forum host. This is the best and easiest way. Most of free forum servers will not provide this option. Hence, it's free. They make ad money off of your forum (and visitor numbers) while in return you get to have free place to open up a forum.

What I would do is contact the owner/manager of your free forum host and ask them if there's a way to backup your database. And when that's possible, you can upload that database to your next forum host and you should have everything there.

I'm moving this topic to Hosted Members Area

Same here and I would liek to save all my work.

178788[/snapback]

Thanks for the help everyone. I got it you can close this thread. Thank you ;)