xisto Community
Milovoriel

Phobias .... Who Needs 'em?

Why have I been "blessed" with a completely irrational fear of spiders .... it's ridiculous .... I've had two horrible incidents over the past couple of days .... two monstrous spiders in my home .... so begins the lunacy that is my arachnophobia .... palpatations, hyperventilating, vomitting and on occasion, fainting .... I'm sick of it .... having to phone people late at night to come and kill the offending "beast" .... a "beast" that I could fit in the palm of my hand .... oh, god the thought of it! .... so, what to do? .... I've put off going for help with this problem for years, because I believe that desensitisation to phobias means confronting them head on .... and I couldn't bear the thought of that .... but I've had enough, so I'm gonna try and get some help .... be a bit "pro-active" ....

I'm not venting about spiders .... I'm venting about phobias .... they're a pain in the *bottom* .... and totally wierd .... I know people who are phobic about cotton wool .... I mean, what the hell's that all about ?

Posted Image

hmmm you can try to buy like a teddy spider :Pand just cudle it long :Pand then replace it with a real one... but then just dont cudle to hard ;)

I have a pet tarantula, so I don't really have the spider fear... but I do have this weird phobia about eyes that I have made progress with. I've seen shows about desensitizing yourself from your fear. Tiny steps, leading up to not being as afraid.Like, your first step could be to go to a pet store and just look at the tarantula section. Once you are 'comfortable' you move closer, or look right at one. Go outside and look at a spider web. Tiny steps.

i dont like spiders myself but your not as bad as one lady i saw on tv...she had a phobia of fish...not sharks...little fish, goldfish, all the small ones, she wouldnt even go to theaquarium..and when she went to the boardwalk she serius beleved a fish was gonna come on land and get her...fear of spides os ok..but i do understand ur sick of the panic like attacks because of it...but like someone said, if u get help and take little steps you can possibly get past it as long as yoyur willing to face your fear and conquer it...good luckwith that

My fear of spiders isn't as bad as yours. I was making my bed a few weeks ago and there was a daddy long legs on my bed and I started crying and my chest felt heavy. I wouldn't sleep in my bed for about a week, plus the spider was all gutsy on my bed. I am scared of anything that's under 3 inches. It's funny because they're more scared of us then we are of them. Phobia's can really make your anxious, I know that if I even see a fuzz ball from a brush on the ground I get freakish. Don't know what to say to make you feel any better, I am too chicken crap to know myself. Good luck in the future though.

Hey, don't fret. I know exactly how you feel. I don't have arachniphobia, but I have thixophobia. It's insane. I can't stand it when people touch me. Once I was touched on the arm and I jumped and I screamed so loud it was as if I was being raped or murdered. It's freaky crazy.Phobia's suck, but hey, we all have to live with them. But at least your fear doesn't restrain you from living your life...like at least you don't have agoraphobia...that'd be pretty crazy.

well fears is what makes us human, i have this thing of hieghts, when i look down, but its not to serious, but my biggest phobia is Necrophobia fear of death, a lot can happen in war enviroment so my Necrophobism just got worse their, but i tend not to think about it, cuz it likes to pop up every now and then.