xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zorugelion

Pci Videocard Probs Help :(

I got this nVidia GeForce4 MX420 PCI video card installed right now and its all right. But yesterday I installed the drivers for it and it went crazy! First, videocard was not sending signal to the monitor. Then, computer booted up ok but monitor began turning off/on. I turned off the pc, uninstalled the videocard and its drivers. Installed the card again without drivers and everything was fine! The problem is I can't play games because Windows does not know what kind of videocard its using.Please help! :)Thanks In Advance-ZorugelionPC Specs: OS: Windows XP Pro Edition (No Service Pack) CPU: Intel Celeron @ 1.10Ghz RAM: PC133 255mb SDRAM Mainboard: Biostar M6VLQ

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Celeron @ 1.10Ghz

RAM: PC133 255mb SDRAM

Mainboard: Biostar M6VLQ

177561[/snapback]

Ah I already see that you don't even have the SP1 installed. The SP1 has the newest HCL (hardware compatibility list) to make your operating system recognize specialized hardware parts. SP2 is better but I personally don't like it. I have my reasons :D

Try installing just SP1, install your driver that came with the card and see if that helps you out. If not you know where to find us. :)

hI Zorugelion,I agree with Buffalohelp..try the SP! first.If that doesn't do it for you..then..check ths following...> CHECK THE VIDEOCARD documentation for OS & hardware compatibility. OR> get the latest drivers for videocard (ie. download from website) OR> text your videocard in another compter ( it could be bad)Hope this is clearRGPHNX