xisto Community
epox

Iso Archives what is it?

hello!, recently, searching a file in bearshare, i found a lot of .ISO archives, what are they, and how can i use it?and somebody know what is the best p2p, and where to get movies in spanish, or how to put subtitles to movies? :)

99.99% of ISO are illegal. They are not to be discussed here in Xisto in accordance with TOS (terms of service). Okay?We can discuss P2P programs but do not mention the downloading movies/files since it too is copyrighted material. You posted two questions in one topic. You can split off those. Search for 'editing subtitles to a file' in Google or Yahoo. By the way, this should have been posted in the Software section and not in the Computer section. Moving.

an ISO file is an image of either a cd or a program that you need to burn or extract using winrar.I make all my Backups in ISO format so when I need one I just burn it to cd/DVD and bam I have my backup running to restore my files.

Like BuffaloHELP said 99.9% of ISO's are illegal, the one's you find on the internet anyway. Infact there really are only one kind of legal ISO and that is the Linux ISO (there are a few exceptions) To get them rather then using p2p I would recomend something like linuxiso.org

Like BuffaloHELP said 99.9% of ISO's are illegal, the one's you find on the internet anyway.  Infact there really are only one kind of legal ISO and that is the Linux ISO (there are a few exceptions) To get them rather then using p2p I would recomend something like linuxiso.org

177569[/snapback]

Not only Linux ISO, there are also Windows ISO as well released officially by Microsoft. An example would be the the recent Windows Vista beta ISO downloads for MSDN subscribers where users or developers can try out Windows Vista before the full version is released officially to the public.

Otherwise, most ISO you find in p2p networks are illegal.

ISO is basically an exact copy of the physical disc in softcopy form or digital form.

ISO is basically an exact copy of the physical disc in softcopy form or digital form.

a thing I'd like to express about burning of ISO's back into cds/dvds. Because ISO is an exact copy it can contain information like boot sectors, but because it is an exact copy if you have cheep cds and there is a small error your burner would have normaly skiped over the ISO will tell it to write there and the drive can't thus making a shiny coster!
Use more expensive cds when burning ISO's particularly large ISO's, I've lost about 10cd burning 3 ISO's! (Incase you didn't guess, they were very cheep cds)