xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PhxStorks

Hello From Phoenix

Hello! I found out about this site from another forum I am with and after reading all the features that come with the hosting, I am going to TRY to create my own site with shopping cart here on Trap 17. My current site is Phoenix Storks

I currently use a WYSIWYG online website editor/host called Citymax. It has small shopping cart, but I need something more Robust & I'm hoping Zencart will work for me. I have been over at zencart's forums & it seems like it is very customizable. I requested a quote to see how much it would cost for someone else to build it, but I think I'm gonna try to do it myself before resorting to that. I have no PHP knowledge and very BASIC html knowledge, so I signed up for Trap 17's "free hosting" to see:
1. if this is something that I can accomplish on my own, and
2. If I want to do this to myself :) (hassle-factor)

If anyone has any reccomendations or suggestions for a newbie like me (especially regarding the zencart) I would love to hear them.

I tend to post REALLY long posts but I try to be helpful & stay on topic. I have a background in graphic design (but don't do that professionally anymore) am married with one son (3) and a daughter on the way, Due November 20.

Thanks for reading
--Jane

Welcome to Xisto, Phoenix! I'm glad you decided to join us here. It's a pretty friendly place, a place where long post are usually loved. So don't worry about that. A long and useful post are especially loved, especially from me. :)Again, welcome to Xisto and I hope to see you again.

welcome to Xisto and i hope that your new site works out well. PHP isn't too much to worry about and if you need help with a bit of it there are lots of people here on Xisto that know lots about various programming that would be thrilled to help you out.

Welcome to Xisto, PhxStorks. Well, it has all been said. This is so far the best place to host a site. Definitely, I can't complain about this. And the forums are going to be quite usefull for your PHP and some other resources propurses...Cheers! and Enjoy the site!!! :)

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you've made a good choice in joining the Xisto community. There are a lot oe topics and threads that'll suit your interests and the people here are very friendly and supportive. Hope you enjoy you stay here and come back and post as often as you like!See you on the boards!

Yo. welcoem to Trap 17. It's a really great place here. The free hosting is pretty cool, just make good posts and be active and it will be yours. =D Hope you enjoy it here, and have fun.

Hi ,As you've already found out from the previous posts..there's lots of friendly, helpful people here at Xisto. Just post any questions you have & someone will be sure to get back to you. The admins & moderators are good.. so PM them ( the moderators) for any help you need for your website.The easiest SHOPPING CART to configure is PAYPAL. You can have it up & running in minutes. There's a direct link to the info on my website. Just goto the "Links?downloads" page & click on the "Paypal for business" logo.Enjoy your stay & make new friends ;) RGPHNX

So yea... hello! and welcome to Xisto. It really is a good place to be if you want great people and great hosting. I've never had any problems with it so far. And when I don't understand something, the people here are more than happy to give me an explanation which is really nice.Anyway, your site looks really nice. I can see the graphic designer part of you through it. And sorry, I'm not familiar with shopping carts, but I wish you luck in creating one for your site!