xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
katagirl3000

ZELDA and LINK

Ok here's something that bothers me. There's lots of people that say that zelda and link have some kind of romantic thing going on. I always imagined link just being her hero and that their relationship was strictly platonic. I mean, i always saw link as a completely pure person that doens't really have romantic feelings but only want to save her because it's the valient thing to do. .. also he's the legendary hero. .. it's in his blood. Someone argued that they do have a relationship because she kissed him in part two on the cheek when he saved her. what a stupid reason to back up his argument, i would definitly kiss someone on the cheek that just saved my life. ANYWAYs. .. .what do you think? is there something more going on there?

i doupt it like he's just saving her live not taking her out on a date like its a adventure game i have never seen 1 that has a romantic story line in 1 and i doupt there will ever be 1

Accuarly.. in an inverview nintendo said link might have a relation ship soon...

Well... I, uh... I always thought there was something going on. I thought that was a given. I mean, c'mon; Zelda's hot. Why wouldn't Link wanna hit that?

I wonder what she would look like in Zelda 2005

Does anybody remember the original Zelda on nintendo. Now that game rocked, I remember the one game came in a gold cateridge, that was awesome, I would get up at like 5 to play it. But I guess many of you might've been too young for that then. It's pretty much incredible how far games have come over the years though and scary at how much better they continue to become!

I know that Link loves Zelda. First and most importantly, the Ocarina of Time manga, written by the two-person team known as Akira Himekawa, is copyrighted by Nintendo, which means that they approve of all that happens in it. Now that I?ve said that, you should drop by http://www.zeldalegends.net/ and download it for yourself and read it. This is a REALLY GOOD manga! In this manga, there is irrefutable evidence that they are in love. Even Malon thinks so. (Chapter 5) She says, ?Hey, why did you yell the princess?s name out like that? What relationship do you have with her?? And then goes on to say sadly, ?I know without asking, from looking in your eyes?? Implying that she already knows how Link feels about Zelda. (A side note: Throughout the whole manga, Link is almost constantly thinking about Zelda. Seriously. It?s so cute!!) (Chapter 4) Zelda kisses Link on the cheek and he?s so happy about it, he dashes around like a wild man and ends up breaking almost everything in the castle. (Chapter 7) First of all, they look like they love each other in this one and in anime, if there are sparks or something (like the fairy dust or whatever that is that Navi?s leaving behind) it usually means that the two people have feelings for each other and secondly, this is as close as you?re going to get to a love scene because this is the Legend of Zelda, which doesn?t even have that much romance in the game to begin with, they can?t exactly have them doing it/making out/ and I guess not even kissing. Holding hands is the most you?ll see. (Chapter 8) Link is sitting with Nabooru and lamenting that he hasn?t yet touched Zelda. He states that, ?All I could do was brush her hand?I still haven?t touched Zelda.? If that isn?t proof that he loves Zelda and/or there?s some serious sexual tension between them, then I don?t know what is. And in the last story chapter (Chapter 9) Link tells Zelda that he didn?t come to her rescue because he had to, it was to?and then he trails off, but with the atmosphere and the look on his face, it?s a bit obvious it would have something to do with his feelings for her. And in the next scene Link says, ?No matter when, no matter where?for the sake of Hyrule, and you, Princess Zelda? (Notice this underlined bit.) I shall fight.? So basically Link loves Zelda. It?s kind of obvious and why would Nintendo have the hero with a girl besides the one he rescues? Maybe they might want to mix things up a little but I think they would mostly stick with the usual ending. (Like with Mario and Peach or Daisy, depending on which game you play.) And besides they did copyright and support this so they must have meant for the two to get together. They wouldn?t support something that completely contradicted the truth. Even though, no in the game Zelda and Link didn?t meet at the Spirit Temple, and yes they were in the sky at the end, but Akira Himekawa didn?t change it to contradict everything, they changed a few things to make it seem more realistic and I bet Nintendo agreed on it. Because how and why were Link and Zelda just randomly in the sky at the end anyway? And why should Link go all the way to the Temple of Time if Sheik could just show up where Link was last, the Spirit Temple? The manga provided answers for some of those ?mysterious questions? and it reinforced what was already there. Like *cough Link and Zelda?s love cough*.

I still play the game but whats really disturbing that people are bored enough to be thinking about what video game character is tapping who. I would say that mario, luigi and the toad man haven't tap the princess toadstool or peach or whatever her name they gave her. But before I fall under this disturbed category I'm done with this post.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

-Saint_MichaelWow. I want to ask you a couple of questions.1. Do you have spell/grammar check?2. Did you pass the second grade?I barely understood what you were trying to say. Actually, I don't know if I did understand that. Spell/grammar check is your friend. USE IT!

Absolutely has anyone seen the trailer for the new Legend of zelda film yet? i have and the do kiss! as in proper romantic. if you have ever read any of the fanfics for legend of zelda most of the ones i have read zelda and link kiss. perhaps if they follow a story line from one of them were there is actually a romantic scene in the game it will prove that they were meant to be! <_< xx

I wouldnt say they have a romantic relationship, really. I mean, they MAY have crushes on each other, considering they are both adolesents, and well...thats what they do. But I really dont think anything would come of it. Maybe its because my brother led me to believe that they were siblings when I was younger <_< But now I know thats not true. Watch, they'll make a zelda story earlier in the whole time line thing saying that they actually were related in some way. Thatd actually be a weeee bit creepy...but anyway, back on to topic. I dont think Zelda and Link would ever actually have a romantic relationship. Fanfics dont mean a thing occording to the real story. I mean, they are entertaining, but they dont really mean anything...and the manga, even though they may be approved my nintendo, doesnt mean that the romatic relations in it really mean anything either. Unless the manga was made by THE makers of zelda themselves, it probably doesnt mean much.

i agree with rockinthecasbah, but in evry zelda game, it all bagins as if there were no other zelda games, in each he has to save zelda, as if he has never saved her before....so i think that there is no romance, only that hero thing link does and zelda maybe has a little crush on him, he is a hero atlast....