xisto Community
brawler

Asp Or Php

Php because it's easier to learn and of course, it's open source. It works best with MySQL and I think it's becoming ubiquitous now in the WWW. It's almost a necessity to learn PHP when learning web development. And anyways, PHP is not Microsoft. Microsoft always gets something when they release their products and they think of money first and service only second. PHP and MySQL perform similarly if not better than Microsoft's MSSQL Server and ASP and both are free and opensource.

well php is easier to learn since i learnt it in less than 1 week and since then i havent leave it, ASP is great too but due to the previous knowledge you need to have it makes it more dificult to learn and also some vars (when i fisrt saw it) i didnt think they were vars...and in php you just say "htis is var" nd thats all...well to sum up both are good since they are dedicated to server technologies and both formats have its database which doesnt stop you and what's more php has more samples, scripts and help out there in the internet...but is up to you

1) PHP is free, ASP is not2) PHP is backed by open-source community, you can find tutorials and help from almost anywhere on the internet.. ASP however has lesser community..3) PHP is more often used in many applications than ASP and JSP.. Hence compatibility comes priority to PHP..4) PHP server is easy to setup5) Open-source will eventually rule in the future IT world, I believe.. So does PHP..6) PHP works on any platform, whereas ASP only works on Personal Web Server (PWS) or Internet Information Server (IIS) under Microsoft Windows operating systems..

ASP driven sites look quite different and look more advance to me but I feel that as those who have experienced using ASP for their forum, I heard that the site becomes slower and slower as members grow.... The best forums VBulletin is also using PHP so I think PHP should be a better option.But using ASP seems somewhat more advance since there is very less free scripts and content management systems based on ASP. More of the websites these days are PHP driven cms... The plus point of PHP has been support one can get and the ease to learn for any newbies. So, PHP should win eventually.

PHP is more popular than ASP.

First of all, both these language are not OOP.

You can easily find a place to host the PHP web site for free.

You can find many open source materials for PHP such as fourm. Of course, you can also find many for ASP, but you can have many choices when using PHP, because many web master like using PHP.

But I don't know the performance of PHP v.s. ASP.

which do you think is better and why? ASP? or PHP? they do the same things but you have to pay to get ASP hosting so it's hard to use. Not the actuall language, just what you need to get started on the internet with it.

176450[/snapback]

PHP is free and this means so it's too east to be hosted. you can also find alot of tutorails about php.if you search google for php you may find over 6 millions sites.also, php has a great combatibility with MySQL which also free.so ithink php is the best.