xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
o0thomas92

Maplestory?

It really depends. The skills are repetitive, but the anime style keeps you interested. Botting is so easy as well, so if you play you may see some bots I made for the game. In addition, your connection plays a factor. Dial up - This is the best game you can play that has decent graphics. Not too much lag. Of course I would choose RO over MS anyday due to the repetitiveness of Maplestory skills.ADSL/Broadband - There are many better games than this, don't waste away your time and internet bandwidth. But if your an anime freak by all means go ahead. Though I guarantee you that you will hate those little anime characters soon enough.My RL friend was a moderator for the Sleepywood forums. He quit as well. Errm, I just wanted to put that in and brag about my friend being a mod at Sleepywood ^^.My opinion maybe a little biased, but its my 2 cents.

Hmm... wasn't there a topic about maplestory just a while back? Hmm... maybe that was another forum...Maplestory, alot of people like this game, and alot of people hate this game.The gameplay is sub par, A 2D online Action MMo, this was the dream for alot of gamers back in the days of Super Famicon (SNES) to bad the standards for these types of games have gotten to far, and its just not appealing. Combat isn't that great, you go up to a monster and press one button. Like most MMo's you can get pets in this game, to bad you don't do much. And personally Ragnarok Online (RO) is much better. (only good thing is you set your own controls anywhere on the keyboard.)The graphics, well its 2D, not much to expect, I liked how they are drawn anime, but thats it. Ragnarok beats this game in this section also.Sound, meh, thats all I can say.Quests, Just decent, and there is not to many of em.Its a decent game, and for anyone without a good conection or computer, this game will have to do. The best thing if anyone doesn't know, its free.

Server problems...It used to be a really fun game for me to play. After a while I started to hate it. They keep on kicking me off their servers. Their sites never allow me to log onto my account. It took forever to register for an account when their Newest Version came out. (I had to ask a friend to do it for me!!!) Maybe its my computer but who knows. Its definetely not my connection because I use DSL.The people...While on the game, the people there aren't friendly at all. Everybody KSs you. (Kill Steal) When you whine about it, I either get DeFamed or flamed at. Also, When I KS someone on purpose or by accident, they whine about it like idiots and then they DeFame you. When give away free potions to people who needs them, they never say thank you. But when I ask for free potions because I spent them all, they either say no, ignore me or just drops one but quickly takes it back and laughs at me. Scammers...People scam on the game. They often ask for Fame Trades but they never return it. They always stick to a single location that I call "Scamming Location" and spam posts like theres no tommorow. Even walking past there can lag your computer like hell if your connection is bad. Once, it took me about 2 minutes just to get away from that place. At this scamming place, they ask for trades, fames, gold, items, party quests, or sometimes just spams idiotically. I myself have been scammed once because I needed some gold/potions in return for a fame. They made me fame them first but then they leave after I fame them without giving me anything.Hackers...I simply despise hackers. I often sees people hacking the game but no one evers cares. Nothing is worst than them... I have been hacked my self. I lost my account and everything in it. I had a level 20 mage with a HUGE ammount of gold. I had over 20 different types of ores in storages. I had 2 panlids. (which were the best shield for mages and could be sold for HUGE ammounts of gold) It was my second account by it was the luckiest MMORPG account I ever had and it got hacked.Now, I simply despise MapleStory and removed all traces of it from my computer.