xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milovoriel

Upgrading To Paid Hosting Account ? ....

I'm struggling to find the time to keep my hosting credits up due to work and college pressures, so I'm considering switching to a paid account .... how easy would this be? I want to keep cpanel and don't really want to move my site .... if I went with say Xisto - Web Hosting.com would I be able to keep my site where it is, but just switch servers? I would still want to be able to post on Xisto forum as well, but just not as frequently .... would that be possible? I already have my own domain name ....

Posted Image

Milovorel,Do you remember we had to wait about 2 days before your hosting server "synchronized" with your domain name (the updating the nameserver)? It will be the same. I believe someone who actually migrated the hosting server can answer this better than I can (OpaQue should answer this instead of our members) but I would imagine that you need to upload all your files just as though you are starting from the beginning. The hosting server from Xisto - Web Hosting is different from TRAP 17 hosting computer. However, you will enjoy the same cPanel and its many preloaded scripts. So, it's the same service in different place.And yes, you will still be able to post in this forum. We wouldn't have it any other way -_-

DNS are clustered. so moving to new server would be instant. You will have to terminate your account here. Else, Setting up a new account on the new server will not be possible.

Hi:I have been wondering the same thing. Do you have to re-upload all your files?I enjoy the forum. But sometimes time pressures start to take their toll. Whent that happen, posting becomes a chore and not fun. So, I too have considered switching to a paid host, and only posting when I have the time. But anyway, my question is do you have to upload all your files again.I used Cpanel to upload, so it was very time consuming. I suppose if I were to switch, it would be a good time to learn a better ftp.SunkistP.S. Overall, I enjoy the forum and love the free hosting. So I am inclined not to switch over....just exploring some options.

so that's a definite re-moving all my files then? .... that's gonna be a bit of a pain .... I'll think about it some more and get back to Opaque when I've made a decision .... good to know I can still post on the forum and get support when I need it though, even if I move to Xisto - Web Hosting .... -_-

cheerie .... ~M~Posted Image