xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anndi

Email Clients Which One Do You Trust For Security?

I use yahoo! and Gmail for now. But with the much anticipated new Yahoo! mail in the final stages I don't think the competion can last long coz Yahoo!'s new interface is super cool and easy too use.

I've been pleased with Gmail - I even access it via my Thunderbird client! Although I don't use my Yahoo account as often now, I'm curious to see this new interface that they have in beta.

Well i use GMail, its good, got much space, its Free (The best thing lol).For Email client, well nothing specially, Just the one in Opera( Go Opera! :D)Well thought i have good computer securety, Norton Internet Securety hehe.~ Arne-Christian

I personally am not extremely suspicious when it comes to email security, but I definetley do not use Microsoft's Outlook Express. Outlook Express has constant bugs, and although Microsoft Update constantly updates Microsoft's Outlook Express, it is not a good email client.So when I first went on a hunt for an email client, I instantly thought, Mozilla's Thunderbird! After downloading it and adding accounts and everything, I could receive mail, however I could only send mail once in a blue moon. It would work to send mail once every week or so, and the rest of the time it just failed on me...But why? It could SEND it sometimes? But it was a good email reader! Ha! ha! ha!So I decided to take a trip to Download.com...there they had lots of email clients, but they all sounded like they would not work... Too cheap? Maybe...But I was positive that I did not want an email client that displayed ads such as Opera...To this day, I did not find an email client that I could 100% totally rely on, so I am still using Mozilla Thunderbird, even though I despise it because I can't send emails from it...however luckily for me, my email provider is my Internet Service Provider, so I can access web mail for sending my messages, but Mozilla Thunderbird for viewing them...don't ask me why...it doesn't make much sense to me, either...:DHowever, I am not extremely suspicious when it comes to email security because my computer is protected from Symantec's Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus, the highest, top-of-the-line Firewall, Privacy Protection, Parental Controls, Ad Blocker, Spam Reducer, and AntiVirus Scanner and Protector with weekly checks over the entire system for any and all viruses and spyware programs, such as trojans and keyloggers, my worst enemies from experience...But, that's another story... :DStephen

I link up one of my Gmail accounts with Thunderbird (my E-mail client of choice), and I've never had any security issues so far. Both seem very solid programs and I wouldn't change it at all.