xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

Security Hole In Windows Xp Found Same

Good Evening

i've found a security hole in win xp witch can cause a problem for bussiness users.

if u have windows xp installed [prof/home may be equal] u can insert at the boot a windows 2000 cd and use the recovery console. in this way u'll gain admin-rights and change the passwords of all users and copy data onto removeable media.

go into the bios-setup and set the boot ONLY from the harddisk and set a master-password [supervisor]

sorry, but my english isn't very well 'cause i'm from austria...

mfg STREETRULEZ

hahaha well tomorrow I'll try it on the other pc in our house. see if i can change the password of my sister. (if i can i will turn it back) but it looks fun to my. thx for the tip

um there is already software for System admins to use to reset passwords,If you boot into Recovery console and the Admin password has been set you need to use that password before you can use Recovery Console