xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvovk

Tomaz Humar Trapped On Nanga Parbat ...hoping in rescue and good weather...

Yet again slovenian alpine climber went climbbing onto Nanga Parbat, 8125 meters high mountain in Pakistan. Because of bad weather and avalanches he can't move nor back nor forward. He has been stucked in a small hole at height of 6000 meters for 5th day. I can't imagine what is happening in his head thru all this period while being trapped there. I hope tommorow weather is gonna get better and rescue will begin. He informed his doctor thru radio communication that his fingers are getting bluish which sign of chilblains.

Latest information about his situation.

Same here, I hope the best for him.I wonder if he will climb the mountain again in the future. I would not be. As a matter of fact, I wonder what prompt him to climb the mountain in the first place.The risk is unpredictable, so he must have had an important reason to do so; or maybe his passion for climbing was so great.Any comment or suggestion about why he climb the mountain in the first place?

He tried to climb this mountain by Messner direction in 2003. He failed cause temparatures were very high for that season that snow would be to soft in there wasn't any chance to climb on ice (which was rather melted snow cause of temparature).I guess he is driven by passion, let hope it will not kill him. Tommorow should be rescued, I hope -_-

Finally they saved him at 6AM our local time. Me happy again. He was rescued by helicopter and other mountainers, he was transported to walley on a rope hanging off helicopter.