xisto Community
faith

Ok So Im Curious. Questions on hosting.

ok well as you all know im new to Xisto, and i was jsut kind of curious about a few things. and befor i ask, I know people get really annoyed about people posting and asking questions about stuff already said in the forums, so i am VERY VERY sorry if i do this BUT.Credits: When one of your posts coutns as spam, does your account AUTOMATICALLY get suspended? or do you jsut get negitave credits you have to rebuild?When you have bought hosting, and say you go inactive on vacation for a week or so, and you see that somone hasnt posted in a week, do you suspend the account? or keep it up by checking if your active?HOSINTG:Can you host more then say 2 subdomains on your hosting package?If you want to upgrade your hosting, is paying the only way? or can you post more, get more posting credits, and request for more space?Those are my posting questions and i was just very curious, and if someone could reply with some answers i would greatly appericate it.!

When one of your posts coutns as spam, does your account AUTOMATICALLY get suspended? or do you jsut get negitave credits you have to rebuild?

Yes. There is a script running around that will suspend credits that do not have the required number of posts. Read more about that script here: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8717-fair-warning-is-given-to-all-hosted-members/

When you have bought hosting, and say you go inactive on vacation for a week or so, and you see that somone hasnt posted in a week, do you suspend the account? or keep it up by checking if your active?

172010[/snapback]

No. It's all based on hosting credits. If you have 10 hosting credits, you can be idle for about 6 days, and your account will still be safe (read the link above). It's all done with a script.

Can you host more then say 2 subdomains on your hosting package?

172010[/snapback]

No. You can have a subdomain on your subdomain though. So if you chose the subdomain blah.trap17.com, then you can have qwerty.blah.trap17.com

If you want to upgrade your hosting, is paying the only way? or can you post more, get more posting credits, and request for more space?

172010[/snapback]

The most you can get is 150 MB of space and 5 GB of bandwidth. If you need more MySQL databases, then you can request, but space and bandwidth cannot be increased.

When you have bought hosting, and say you go inactive on vacation for a week or so, and you see that somone hasnt posted in a week, do you suspend the account? or keep it up by checking if your active?

an you host more then say 2 subdomains on your hosting package?

172010[/snapback]

Okay, so I would like to say welcome! Xisto is great, you'll love it I'm sure!

Anyway, I don't have all the answers for you, but I do have the one to your question about vacation time.

Xisto is great about letting you build up your credits, so that if you are busy, or not around for a while, it's okay, because your site will stay active so long as you have credits.

It's really pretty easy to build up a pile of credits by just looking through the posts and replying to ones where you find them interesting, or you have a question, or an answer.

If you plan to be on vacation for a week, make sure you build up enough credits to cover that week of you being away. (and try to have an extra 10 credits on top of that, because they suggest that amount for everyone, so that you are covered a little extra.)

If you are going to be too busy to post for a month, save up 30 credits + the extra 10 for good measure, and you will be fine. They won't close your account if you are away so long as you have some credits left over.

I hope that helps, and I'm sure that other people will be by with the answers to your other questions soon :D

thank you so much for the answers, i was VERY curious, I do think its kind of weird haveing a subdomain FOR your subdomain, but lol its all good! thanks again for answering my questions, and i like how if u go on vacation ur account wont be suspended! I think you guys should totaly have something else for sale otehr then hosting it would be kind of neato.

i'm just spamming ever before so now my warn lever is 40%.then do you understand if you spam your host account won't get suspended automatically.anyhow this will not happen because the forum is admined by human but not AI bot.

I dont TRY to spam for hosting credits, and i dont TRY to spam on purpose, if i am spamming, i am deeply sorry, but im just very curious and into thigns, and i am new so im trying to learn, once i know how it all goes ill be a normal poster, ive jsut got a lot of things to ask latly, so im not posting for hositng or jsut to make people mad.

Well welcome to Xisto and hopefully you have a good stay here, I know I sure have during my tenure.Spamming, in my view, has been increasing around the forums, but maybe that's because moderators have been stepping up to the plate and delivering a good job on their part. Remember that when you apply for hosting, your posts will be reviewed. It seems that you are a new member and in less than 12 hours you have made 30 posts. Now in my view, that would draw my interest when I see your application. Make sure your posts have information, not just one-liners. If your posts are consistently, so to say, worthless, you will not receive hosting until your posting quality improves. Remember, its quality and not quanity.Other than that, enjoy your stay!

Well welcome to Xisto and hopefully you have a good stay here, I know I sure have during my tenure.

Spamming, in my view, has been increasing around the forums, but maybe that's because moderators have been stepping up to the plate and delivering a good job on their part. 

Remember that when you apply for hosting, your posts will be reviewed.  It seems that you are a new member and in less than 12 hours you have made 30 posts.  Now in my view, that would draw my interest when I see your application.  Make sure your posts have information, not just one-liners.  If your posts are consistently, so to say, worthless, you will not receive hosting until your posting quality improves.  Remember, its quality and not quanity.

Other than that, enjoy your stay!

172108[/snapback]

Well alot of my posts have been about Xisto and graphics, and i dont think any of them are considered spam, its all up to you guys, ive also got 2 more qeistions,

If i get denied, do my post credits go down, or get cancled or something?

If i get denied, can i re apply later in the future?

Well alot of my posts have been about Xisto and graphics, and i dont think any of them are considered spam, its all up to you guys, ive also got 2 more qeistions,

If i get denied, do my post credits go down, or get cancled or something?

If i get denied, can i re apply later in the future?

172113[/snapback]

I believe I read somewhere that you can re-apply again later, if you don't first get accepted, but if that is the case, I'm not sure if the credits go down or not for it. I remember when I was first accepted, my credits that I'd been building up, went almost to nothing, so I had to start building them again.