xisto Community
patelg

Noisy Dvd Burner How to fix Noise from DVD Burner

My DVD Burner makes lots of noise, while reading CD. Any suggestion in fixing this noise.It is LITE-ON DVDRW.Any suggestion is welcome.Thanks in advanced.

Hi patelg,Not much you can do about it except make sure it's clean & your using the correct type of media/CDs/DVDs. If it does it at "high" burn speed & NOT at low speed..then the drive bearings are probably going bad. :D - not something you can fix yourself. Other causes of noise could be a bad read/write head tracking arm..again not something you can replace yourself.Hope this is clear.RGPHNX

Hi patelg,

Not much you can do about it except make sure it's clean & your using the correct type of media/CDs/DVDs. If it does it at "high" burn speed & NOT at low speed..then the drive bearings are probably going bad.  :D  - not something you can fix yourself. Other causes of noise could be a bad read/write head tracking arm..again not something you can replace yourself.

Hope this is clear.

RGPHNX

171916[/snapback]

So I have to prepare myself buying one......i hope it will break while within warrentty!!!!!

Thanks for the info....

sometimes this is not a problem i thinkany part of the computer will all do lots of noise but not only dvd burner.your harddisk,your cpu your graphic card all this noise.anyhow i think the biggest noise is the hardisk

I recommend just buying a new one **ebay** no one trusts ebay but im sure you can find a very good burner there, or anywehere else at that matter, i wouldnt feel right having a noisy burnder, ide freak out screaming that its broke.