xisto Community
Shengeta

Search Engine Problems

I used to have a good forums site, with alot on it, and it was pretty active. I used addme.com and much more submitting my forums to tons of search engines, but no matter what I did, my site would not show up on any search engine. How could I fix this for future reference, when I have other sites and forum sites? I've even waited for many weeks and months even to see if the forums got on the search engine. I've found a crappy forums that I was on on search engines even. I mean they weren't even active or had that many members. Could anyone help me on this?

well besides the active users telling people about your site, i think you have to have your website searched well enough to put up top but then you would have to use alot of meta tag words jsut to get that, and on top of that you need advertisement on other sites as well, to get notice in search engines, and use progrmas like google adsense and all that.

There are two known Google issues/techniques known as 'ageing delay' and the 'sandbox' which basically means that if your site is new, that it won't show up in any Google searches for anything but the title of the site for at least six months.

I don't know if that is quite right.

I have had a few clicks from Google already and my site has only been in Google for about 1 - 2 months. It's also a new site.

I do find that after about 6 months or so my rankings are alot better and I start get alot more clickthrus by then.

There are two known Google issues/techniques known as 'ageing delay' and the 'sandbox' which basically means that if your site is new, that it won't show up in any Google searches for anything but the title of the site for at least six months.

170437[/snapback]

the main factor the get your site listed on search engine is LINK! .. no matter how good or how big the site is ... the site wouldnt appear on search engine result page without having a link from other website ..

As you search your website through search engines i think you type more general keyphrase. Its too hard to find your website if the the words you are using are to broad.How long been your site online? Age is also a factor in search engine visibility.Maybe you lack keyword implementation on this areas:-TITLE-META TAGS-BODY-ALT TAGSSubmit your website manually, coz some search engine dont accept automated submission. also submit your website to any directories or forum directories which related to your website. And get backlinks from other sites it will help a lot