xisto Community
freedomjazzdance

Using A Public Computer Safely? using a public computer riskfree

Well in fact public computers like those in the Internet Cafe and Schools cannot guarentee total privacy and protection to its users, meaning it can never be safe. You won't know if they had planted a key-logging software or whatever related that can intrude your privacy. What I suggest is that, never do your private and confidential stuffs on a public computer such as internet banking or anything that relates to your money, home, or any govermental related.Best still, not to use a public computer.

Whether I'm in an internet cafe, in a hotel lobby or in a public library, I never ever click on the "Remember Me" button when I log onto anything. It's just too dangerous when you don't know who's going to use the computer next. Another step I take is to clear the cache, history and cookies before I log out my session and shut down the computer. Changing passwords may be the next precaution to take for me (although I may have to keep track of my new passwords somewhere on a memo pad and keep it with me at all times). Nowadays, I just use the computer at home. That way, at least I know I and my wife are the only ones using it.

Hey guys,

So I'm wondering, all these free public computers, and not enough security =o)

My question is, say were on a public computer, how can we be sure there is no key logging software running? or anything else that could compromise security?

Chris.

169328[/snapback]

I don't know how to do that, Maybe you should check the pc before you start browsing but that would take a lot of your time... Today, using public computer is really in big ??? when it comes to security, some public computer here has lots of security that users has very limited access, the only thing you can do is to browse the net and save your file if necessary. but talking about the keylogger, well I suggest not to used public computer in making bank transaction online or other transaction that could put your life in to mess...:)

If you are too much concern about your personal information, well, I suggest not to used computer... :D you know why? because even your own private computer can captured all the information you keyed in to your computer...:) so how can you make sure about your personal information...???

DOn't used computer if you want your personal info always safe... he he he.. :(

There is no privacy in computer, just to be honest....:D

Hello from Antihack,

Its official if you want to be sure you have to spend the money. I am the guy that makes hackers mad. Even I am not free. I have six years of complete devotion to internet security. That means I spent a lot of time pulling my hair out. You need antispyware the best are Spybot search and Destroy, Spyware Doctor, and Zonealarm. Then you need Antivirus the absolute best is Antivir this is proven by extreme Antihack testing. And lets not forget your firewall, still to this day Zonealarm rides on top. Now zonealarm has anitspyware as well so you get the best of both worlds with Zonealarm.

Although Zonealarm is not recommend for starters this is a advanced firewall that could easily be learned but needs to be learned first. Anywho good luck on your quest if you get tired of trying email me at (emailantihack@yahoo.com) I can lock you down but of course money is involved. Best wishes and good luck

-R.Stewart

Hey guys,

So I'm wondering, all these free public computers, and not enough security =o)

My question is, say were on a public computer, how can we be sure there is no key logging software running? or anything else that could compromise security?

Chris.

169328[/snapback]

There is also another way that scamers can do keylogging all it takes is a 10 $ mic and some recorder... But it has been proved that people can record keystrokes and each key has a diffrent sound... it has like a 90% sucsess rate or somtin lol...Kinda Scarry dont u think?