xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamingnews

Norton Or Mcaffee Which do you like better?

Here we go again, It's a new year and our virus protection is one year old; we need to upgrade. So we go to bestbuy, walmart, officemax, etc... and we're looking at there antivirus programs when we face a delima. Which to buy Mcaffee or norton. We ask one employee which is best, he says norton. We ask another employee which is best, he says mcaffee. Which one is really the best? The answer

BOTH..... This is one of those things again where you're buying the name not the software. Some people like Norton and some like Mcaffee. My recommendation is to buy them both and see which one you like better! My personal opinion is Norton but that's only because that's all i've used! I've tryed mcaffe but wasn't used to it so i gave up on it. well now i think it's time for a second chance. Bottom line is they're both good so use your favorite.

Feel free to post your favorite virus protection program!

Thanx

David H. :ph34r:

169212[/snapback]

Kaspersky is the best.....

I have hears that Mcaffee is better for finding viruses. Norton just doesn't do as good of a job at it. Personally, I don't use either, so I can't say for sure if this is true or not. I suppose you will have to find out on your own which one you prefer more. But keep in mind that it is NOT a good idea to use both of them at the same time. They are incompatible if both are installed on one OS at the same time. Good luck! :ph34r:

Here we go again, It's a new year and our virus protection is one year old; we need to upgrade. So we go to bestbuy, walmart, officemax, etc... and we're looking at there antivirus programs when we face a delima. Which to buy Mcaffee or norton. We ask one employee which is best, he says norton. We ask another employee which is best, he says mcaffee. Which one is really the best? The answer

BOTH..... This is one of those things again where you're buying the name not the software. Some people like Norton and some like Mcaffee. My recommendation is to buy them both and see which one you like better! My personal opinion is Norton but that's only because that's all i've used! I've tryed mcaffe but wasn't used to it so i gave up on it. well now i think it's time for a second chance. Bottom line is they're both good so use your favorite.

Feel free to post your favorite virus protection program!

Thanx

David H. :ph34r:

169212[/snapback]

Screw Norton, screw Macafee! I go with AVG Free Edition all the way man, its the only antivirus with a bootup scanner. It scans my computer at 8am every morning and I dont have to do anything, it updates regularly and has a very comprehensive virus database. It has been a godsend to me since I cant afford neither of those high class fancy programs. AVG is the best free anti-virus out there, and it works great too, the virus scanner is fast too. It only takes me about 30 minutes to scan my system, and it doesnt take up a buttload of ram either.

If I had to choose between norton and mcaffee, I would chose Norton...

Xad

BOTH..... This is one of those things again where you're buying the name not the software. Some people like Norton and some like Mcaffee.

169212[/snapback]

I think it doesn't matter which one but which is cheaper there both good.

I have Norton only but I have two other AntiVirus programs.I want to know if its possible to use more than 2 AntiVirus programs at the same time?Norton is useless to me but I can't uninstall it because of my parents thinking its the best...

I dont care what anyone says, norton rules. It may be clumsy and takes up tons of memory and tries to take hold of your whole computer but at least it works. I'd rather fight for control over my comptuer with norton than with a virus. I have proved norton to work plenty of times and it always stood the test of time. I always wished that they had a no frills version for a person like me that runs plenty of applications and services running in the backround. I dont really completely trust symantec antivirus corp that much either. I use it on my server but thats about it. dont let anyone deter you from using norton. It works.