xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamingnews

Norton Or Mcaffee Which do you like better?

Macaffe is the one i use and its good but i dont know if its better then Norton as i have never seen Nortons software before so i guess my answer will be MACAFFE

Like xite said:

Both aren't the best..but McAfee is the best from this to *imo*. But i would recommended NOD32, Avast! or Kaspersky.. they are much better.

Norton takes alot of resources, an mcaffee just doesn't look nice, but if i had to choose between those 2 it would be mcaffee because it uses less resources and it has better detection rates than norton.

But if i had to advice you an antivirus, it would be nod32 for sure, great heuristics (the capabilty to detect unknow viruses) its ]B]very[/b] light on resources and it has got lots of other great featurs that make it better than the rest.

There is a bad thing and good thing about both of them. Norton, when you use the automatic file scanning, it slows your computer down. I don't know if this is true or not, but i'v heard that Mcaffee came with a virus. I'v used it once before, and it did not slow my computer any.The file scanning procedure for Norton seems to work better than the Mcaffee. It scans the file in more depth, which would catch the more *hard to catch* viruses -_-

Personal Edition:3-5 years ago I would definately say Nortons, because McAfee was so hard to updateNowadays, I would say niether - get AVG free edition. Both McAfee & Symantec have gotten so big that it cripples your machine unless you have a P4-3GHz.Also I removed NAV off one machine when the subscription ran out, and installed AVG - it immediately found a virus that Nortons never detected. I know everybody has these stories about switching from on AV software to another, but this was a pay version vs a Free version.Corporate Edition:3-5 years ago I would definately say Nortons, because McAfee was pretty basic.Now I am administering SAV ver 10, and it sucks. I am hearing good things about McAfee from my IT counterparts in a nearby office.

I personally dont like Nortonat all. However i curently have it, but preffered McAfee when the free trial was goin on -_-....But Norton is ok i guess, i mean it keeps virus's away, and i never pay a DAMN thing to get it....im cool like that lol...A downside of Norton is the virus scan, sometimes it can take an incredibly long time for it, and even if it does find something, 70% of the time Norton says it cant remove it, I dont kno why but im not complaining, as long as i got security for free lol

I used McAfee because it comes free with my MSN. The protection is good but it could be better. I've had Norton and I didn't like it. It's takes way too long when scanning for viruses, like four hours, and my computer only has a few files because back then I just got it fixed.

hi there!

so... u think norton is better than McAffee? i say one of the best scanners comes from bitdefender.

i do not recommand norton antivir 'cause the updateperiod is 'bout one or two weeks. [if there is a bad virus u have to wait 'bout 48 houres to get a signaturelist of it]

mcaffee has a updateperiod of two days. bitdefender is the same.

i had a problem with the worm "sasser" and norton couldn't fix the problem. [mcaffee and bitdefender will close automaticly if sasser is on your pc] so i had to delete the AVP32.exe and kill the virus by myself...

virus scanner? what 4? there are many ways to make it impossiple 4 viruses to interact...

i have to go now, so i'll write the way to deactivate programms tomorrow...

cya

it depends.....there are good norton product and ther e are good mcaffee product, the system works of norton is much better...while the antivirus of mcaffee is much better... :)

Here we go again, It's a new year and our virus protection is one year old; we need to upgrade. So we go to bestbuy, walmart, officemax, etc... and we're looking at there antivirus programs when we face a delima. Which to buy Mcaffee or norton. We ask one employee which is best, he says norton. We ask another employee which is best, he says mcaffee. Which one is really the best? The answer

BOTH..... This is one of those things again where you're buying the name not the software. Some people like Norton and some like Mcaffee. My recommendation is to buy them both and see which one you like better! My personal opinion is Norton but that's only because that's all i've used! I've tryed mcaffe but wasn't used to it so i gave up on it. well now i think it's time for a second chance. Bottom line is they're both good so use your favorite.

Feel free to post your favorite virus protection program!

Thanx

David H. :)

169212[/snapback]

There really is no difference between those two. They are both manufactured by the same company and it's pretty much the same software except you get different interfaces to the software. I would suggest you to get Kaspersky antivirus, which i don't know if you have heard of or not but i've used em all and this antivirus program is not just the best it's absolutely best. It will not harm the files infected just simly fix them unlike norton and McAffee which totally screw up your computer once you get a decent virus. It's either that or if you search the internet using Internet Explorer go to PCcilling website and run their free antivirus online scan. This is the best online scan there is. And also just a suggestion.... Never intall any anti spyware software, it is never for the good of your computer.

I don't use either-Ironically I prefer Panda Software (no affiliation). Could be just the cool Panda icon on my Taskbar...Panda Internet Security Suite 2005 is my current virus protection software, and all the computers in the office use it also. It's reliable, stopped a couple viruses I wrote (simple delete-everything types :)) for testing purposes only of course....Nice firewall equipped too. All around this is a great program. Also nice to look at the cool Panda for a while too.- The real Panda

i prefer mcaffee because i've used both of them and when i had norton i kept on getting the computer crashing on me nearly every day. i got fed up with this and i started using mcaffee and i haven't had any problems with my computer or mcaffee since