xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamingnews

Norton Or Mcaffee Which do you like better?

Here we go again, It's a new year and our virus protection is one year old; we need to upgrade. So we go to bestbuy, walmart, officemax, etc... and we're looking at there antivirus programs when we face a delima. Which to buy Mcaffee or norton. We ask one employee which is best, he says norton. We ask another employee which is best, he says mcaffee. Which one is really the best? The answerBOTH..... This is one of those things again where you're buying the name not the software. Some people like Norton and some like Mcaffee. My recommendation is to buy them both and see which one you like better! My personal opinion is Norton but that's only because that's all i've used! I've tryed mcaffe but wasn't used to it so i gave up on it. well now i think it's time for a second chance. Bottom line is they're both good so use your favorite. Feel free to post your favorite virus protection program!Thanx David H. :D

I prefer Mcafee. I've been using it for a very long time. Hasnt given me any problems. Norton on the other hand, gave me problems, and due to lack of windows updates, made an error which gave me "the blue screen of death".

Here we go again, It's a new year and our virus protection is one year old; we need to upgrade. So we go to bestbuy, walmart, officemax, etc... and we're looking at there antivirus programs when we face a delima. Which to buy Mcaffee or norton. We ask one employee which is best, he says norton. We ask another employee which is best, he says mcaffee.

I've been using norton for a long time it works fine really, but to be honest with friends, there are some viruses that norton don't removed or unable to clean, while mcaffee did.

In my computer I used norton antivirus but whenever there is a new virus or even those old one found in my computer and eventually norton can't clean the file, my second options is mcaffee.

Mcaffee works fine too. But there still viruses that mcaffee can removed while norton did and vise versa.

So, in this case, how can I tell you friends which one is the best. They have their own flavors, they have their own experties which both can't be the same in many ways eventhough their function is almost technically the same. There are times that both norton and mcaffee can't clean the file infected by virus, but pccillin did. see?

That is why I have a collections of lots of antivirus in my pc (panda, pccillin, norton, mcaffee etc..). But just installed it one-by-one since two antivirus program is not allowed or recommended to be installed all at the same time.

:D

well to be honest i have used almost all the antivirus programs and have used norton & mcaffee but sorry to say that both of these programs were not able to impress me at all.....i got impressed with TREND MICRO INTERNET SECURITY the most and i am a big fan of it...it's got great detection power and it removes most of the viruses as well....one thing more i would like to add here is that if we use computers wisely enough and use diff. softwares than we can't get infected from viruses at all...and for that any antivirus will do...even AVG free antivirus.

Hmm, I use Norton since I was newbie at computer and it hepls me alot, prevent my computer from virus. I think I'll stick with norton forever, I am only trust it :D Norton respond update for new virus mainly fast, so it's safer to use it.

i believe a similaor topic has been talk about whats the best virus software, please search forums before posting thanks you.

Well I've never liked McAffee. And I used to like Norton Antivirus. But then it just stopped working for me. So now I use this good Russian program; Kaspersky Antivirus. It's bloody brilliant, best program I've ever used. :D

Ya norton not that good...Mcafee is not really that eather cuz makes a game lag alot but idk wat u guys think i think norton ok but there something better i forgot wat it is calll hmmmm... idk but there is but i pefer norton what do u guys pefer ???? up too guys

I have used both the Virus protection programs and in my opinion, McAffee rocks.The main downsides of Norton is that it is heavy on resources. I had also checked on one of the sites which had a comparision chart. And in there, Kaspersky was #1 followed by McAffee. Both their rankings were above 99.9% whereas ranking of Norton was around 99.5 or may be 95%. So, my choice would be McAffee at any time :D

Well i think norton is better....Becuse it has alot more stuff andmcafee make su lag alot idk y but it does thats y i pefer useing norton it can clean your computer from top too bottom hella good anti virus what do u guys think i think u should use it one best anti virus and firewalls out there

I'm using Norton and I have to say it's very slow in loading especially during bootup times. Its live updates are slow too. Sometimes it causes major lags to your computer. Jamming isn't surprising for Norton. But I think Norton is scrict on security and that's why I feel safer with it.I didn't try McAfee before.

I prefer norton. I have used both but to be honest i found that norton was more reliable and a better program. Plsu, i know too many companies that use Norton over McAfee so i take that as a good sign.