xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chief91

Halo Books anyone read em?

Yea the halo books are way better than the games. People just wanna play the games instead coz they are lazy nerds lol-reply by blair

Where can I find Halo Books ?

Halo Books

�Where can I find Halo Books in the net for reading?

I have read the first one 'cos a friend lend it to me, but now I what to read the other one, where con I find them?

-reply by Bris

Man I read all of the Halo Book cause they are so awesome. I especially liked that sex scene at the end of Contact Harvest between Sergeant Johnson and that other lady. :lol: I hope that wasnt inappropriate.By the way I just registered and I want to be part of this community!THERE ARE SO MANY SECTIONS AND TOPICS AND THREADS THIS IS AN AWESOME FORUM! :)

the halo books are cool

Halo Books

The halo books are great to read and they go so in depth they tell you so much the halo games just practillay skim the top of it but the books go way in fi you like halo you should get these

-reply by joseph

Halo Series Books

Halo Books

Currently there are 5 books. 1. Fall of Reach, 2 The Flood, 3 First Strike, 4 The Ghosts of Onyx, and 5 Contact Harvest. All are around 10 bucks each and can be found just about anywhere books are sold. I got mine from books a million. There's been rumors of another one being written but I haven't found any info on it as of yet. As far as finding them on the net, I'd say your best bet is maybe finding them in a torrent somewhere, where someone scanned it in or something. I don't think they ever made any into an ebook for net based distribution.

Fall of Reach - everything that lead up Halo. The covenants invasion of human controlled space. The start and end on the the Spartan II program to train super soldiers to combat the aliens.

The Flood - Master Chief and a few other Spartans were sent on a secret mission, on a Halcyon class ship chosen by Cortana for said mission to find the Covenants Home Planet. The begging of Halo the game starts after the Pillar of Autumn initiated Cole Protocol and jumped away from any human inhabited space and happened to find the Halo ring.

First Strike - After Halo is destroyed, MC links up with some survivors in space and captures a covenant vessel and heads back to reach. Links up with surviving Spartans on Reach under command of Admiral Danforth Whitcomb and proceeds with mission. They find out that the covenant have found earth and that they are amassing at a certain jump location for refit and refuel. They launch attack on said location destroying most of the covenant fleet and jump to earth.

The Ghosts of Onyx - Talks about a Spartan that was taken and used to start the new Spartan III program and helped train the new Spartans. This one you'll have to read for the description because it takes place away from MC and everyone else the whole time. There are a few chapters about what MC is doing but its mostly about the Spartan III program and all the missions they do.

Contact Harvest - This is about Seargent Avery Johnson and his role before and after the Covenant Invasion. It's about the 1st planet the covenant attack and basically explains the event that started everything. Its about the invasion of Planet Harvest. An agricultural planet used for growing foods for the human colonies. The book starts with Johnson on a mission to stop some terrorists during the Human war "Insurrection".

Sorry I couldn't get more detail on a couple of those, been a long time since I've read em. They are worth the read especially if you want to know what went on behind the games, like how Captain Keyes was captured and what he went through as the Flood blob on the bridge of the Truth and Reconciliation. All of the books go into great detail about the halo universe and when you read them you'll better understand some of the things that happened in the games a lot better. These are by far my favorite books considering I don't like to read me and have a very video game like interactive mind.

-reply by Cross

Halo Series Books

Halo Books

Currently there are 5 books. 1. Fall of Reach, 2 The Flood, 3 First Strike, 4 The Ghosts of Onyx, and 5 Contact Harvest. All are around 10 bucks each and can be found just about anywhere books are sold. I got mine from books a million. There's been rumors of another one being written but I haven't found any info on it as of yet. As far as finding them on the net, I'd say your best bet is maybe finding them in a torrent somewhere, where someone scanned it in or something. I don't think they ever made any into an ebook for net based distribution.

Fall of Reach - everything that lead up Halo. The covenants invasion of human controlled space. The start and end on the the Spartan II program to train super soldiers to combat the aliens.

The Flood - Master Chief and a few other Spartans were sent on a secret mission, on a Halcyon class ship chosen by Cortana for said mission to find the Covenants Home Planet. The begging of Halo the game starts after the Pillar of Autumn initiated Cole Protocol and jumped away from any human inhabited space and happened to find the Halo ring.

First Strike - After Halo is destroyed, MC links up with some survivors in space and captures a covenant vessel and heads back to reach. Links up with surviving Spartans on Reach under command of Admiral Danforth Whitcomb and proceeds with mission. They find out that the covenant have found earth and that they are amassing at a certain jump location for refit and refuel. They launch attack on said location destroying most of the covenant fleet and jump to earth.

The Ghosts of Onyx - Talks about a Spartan that was taken and used to start the new Spartan III program and helped train the new Spartans. This one you'll have to read for the description because it takes place away from MC and everyone else the whole time. There are a few chapters about what MC is doing but its mostly about the Spartan III program and all the missions they do.

Contact Harvest - This is about Seargent Avery Johnson and his role before and after the Covenant Invasion. It's about the 1st planet the covenant attack and basically explains the event that started everything. Its about the invasion of Planet Harvest. An agricultural planet used for growing foods for the human colonies. The book starts with Johnson on a mission to stop some terrorists during the Human war "Insurrection".

Sorry I couldn't get more detail on a couple of those, been a long time since I've read em. They are worth the read especially if you want to know what went on behind the games, like how Captain Keyes was captured and what he went through as the Flood blob on the bridge of the Truth and Reconciliation. All of the books go into great detail about the halo universe and when you read them you'll better understand some of the things that happened in the games a lot better. These are by far my favorite books considering I don't like to read me and have a very video game like interactive mind.

-reply by Cross

right now I really want to read the halo books because I want to know more about the Forerunner and the Precursors.  I think the books will also answer a lot of the questions I have about the story, because I just beat Halo 3 on legendary today and I haven't played 2 or 1.

Cole ProtocalHalo Books

Their recently release book is the "Halo: Cole Protocal" It describes when the Cole protocal was issued. It also gives more details about Jacob Keyes, the captain of the Pillar of Autumn before he was made into a captain of his ship your familiar with in Halo 1. The most interesting point of this book though is the fact that humans refugees from Harvest are living together with jackals, Kig-Yar, trading, and even holding conferences together in a home they built together made of asteriods which is called "The Rubble". This uncanny alliance behind Covenant lines has both the UNSC and the Covenant stumpered. 

-reply by Berry

I have read all the book and I can say I loved them all. I'm working my way back through them right now because of the recent announcement of Halo: Reach. A game that will be (soposibly) following the plot of the book.

I am the biggest halo fan and I don't own these books but I have read online that the first one is when the last of the spartan II soldiers died other than Master Chief. The Flood book is about I think its when they found out about halo when master chief told them when he came back on the pillar of autumn he froze himself till the future to tell the humans about the great journey the Prophets have told the covenant but the great journey is just to destroy the human race so they can activate the halos and destroy the universe. The arbriter is the one covenant elite who knew what the Prophets were talking about The Great Journey and so the big brute guy I cant remember his name that is in halo 2 burns him with the mark of shame that you can use as an emblem in halo 2 and 3. The arbriter then recruits followers to bring down the covenant with the halp of the humans and Spartan-117 but in their way is the heretic leader  wich you have to kill in halo 2 level the arbriter then take down the prophet of regret and after the prophet of regret is dead then all of the covenant eltes and some grunts and jackals team up with Chief and try to take down the Big Brute (still don't know his name)  only the elites with swords help against the Big Brute (his new name) many of which do not survive(note that the prophet of Reconciliation is dead) in the process and in the game halo 3 (I'm referencing to games now bc I don't know the names to the books, and people know the game better) the arbriter want t take down the Prophet of Truth but while he tries Gravemind the leader of the infection interfears even though you don't fight gravemind he is on halo wich gets destroyed in the end of the game and at the end of the game John makes it to the frigate Forward Unto Dawn and drifts to space but if you beat the last level on Legendary and wait till after all the credits there will be a video of chief on the frigate with cortona and freezes again in his little podd thing he was on, on the Pillar Of Autumn and tells cortana to wake him when she needs him and I read in a blog on bungie.Net that the makers of halo are saying "I hope all these new Halo games will keep them busy until Halo 4" Me and my friends on xbox live cant wait! If you want to be my friend I can fill you in with all kinds of halo information my gamertag is chefwurm.

-reply by chefwurm

You,ve got it all wrong.Halo Books

You are a **ol Chefworm. The Arbiter Got the mark of shame because he failed to stop the chief from destroying the ring. He was later made the Arbiter and sent to kill the heretic leader. After this was done, he was sent to Alpha Halo (installation 05)to retrieve that rings index, which the covenant named the "Sacrad icon". After Tartarus (the relly big brute with the white mo-hawk) betrayed him and took the index (the prophets ordered him to do this), the Gravemind captured the Arbiter and The Chief and told the Arbiter of Halos true purpose. He sent them both to capture the index to create a diversion which allowed him to make a slipspace jump into High Charity and infect it. The Arbiter however, went and led an assault on the control room when he, in a Banshee, and Sergent Johnson,in a Scarab formed the alliance with the humans.He, the Elites, and the humans then went back to Earth to try to find the Ark.

I REALLY hope this clears things up.

-reply by ...OMFG MORON!

the halo book are the best part of the series because it give u a true understanding of the halo universe because everybody thinks that all the other spartens are dead and thats just not true their are more spartins alive like sparten 117 John's whole team Fred, Kelly, Linda and Kurt 

and kurt is responsible for training the sparten 3s 

one thing I hate about the game is the it makes master cheif out to be some unstopable all power full sparten and thats not true FRED can kick his *bottom* and has LINDA can out stelth and out sniper him and KELLY is the fastest sparten their is the whole concept of the spartens is for them to function in 3 to 5 member teams and thats what I want to see in a game beacuse of now in the timeline of halo fred, kelly, linda, kurt, cheif petty officer mendez, dr halsey,and 8 sparten 3s are stuck in the core of of the planet onyx which is the only safe place to be when the rings go off and 117 is out fighting he need to find them and get them out and kick the covenents  ***

-reply by BUUDA Keywords:

QuestionsHalo Books

First of all its refugees from Madrigal not Harvest, that are living and trading with the Kig-Yar on the Rubble. And secondly, where does the story go from here? What happens after the spartans go into the center of Onyx, and what new mission does the spartan Grey team go on next? It seems like every time a book comes out they leave you with a cliff hanger like onyx and the next book that comes out is completely different and many years in the past. I mean do we have to wait for them to write another book? Or are we just gonna have to write our own book in our heads and call it good? Its upsetting. I mean I love the series. I've read every one. I'm just tired off waiting for sequels that don't come. So I guess my questions are, what happens after they go into the center of Onyx, where does the spartan grey team go next, and are they gonna make sequels to those books or are they just gonna make new stories? Either way its time for another book.

-question by AdamKeywords: is anyone making a new halo book?