xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sader

Table Duplication How to do it with phpMyadmin

So how can I dublicate table to the same database using phpMyadmin?I realy do not want do the almost the same table speciallythen table has many colums.Or maybe it's inposible :D (actualy I don't think so)

you can't its that simple, because all you will be doing in overriding the orignal table so just a create a new table to solve your problem.

Yes you can. First, you select the database that the table is in, then click on the table that you want to copy (you can go to Browse, Structure, or just about any of the others), then click on Operations toward the top. Once you click on it, under Copy Table to, select the database that you want it to be copied to, then type in the table name that the data will be copied to. Once you enter that, if you're wanting to just copy the structure (the column names) select Structure Only. If you want the structure and the data, select Structure and Data, and if you just want the data, select Data Only. If you have an auto incrementing column, you can select Add AUTO_INCREMENT value, then click Go. The data should now be copied to the database and table that you selected. I hope that helped.

Yes you can.  First, you select the database that the table is in, then click on the table that you want to copy (you can go to Browse, Structure, or just about any of the others), then click on Operations toward the top.  Once you click on it, under Copy Table to, select the database that you want it to be copied to, then type in the table name that the data will be copied to.  Once you enter that, if you're wanting to just copy the structure (the column names) select Structure Only.  If you want the structure and the data, select Structure and Data, and if you just want the data, select Data Only.  If you have an auto incrementing column, you can select Add AUTO_INCREMENT value, then click Go.  The data should now be copied to the database and table that you selected.  I hope that helped.

168399[/snapback]

Thanx Hamatro it's exactly what I was asking for :D

Thank you for very clear explanation.

Xisto is the first host where I started use ppMyadmin so thats wy I have

problem when I need do more specific operations with databases :D

P.S.

Klass & Saint_Michael sorry for my unclear question, but I know that you

CAN'T have the same file with the same name in the same place (same table in the same database in may case).

Thanks for the MySql info!

Table Dublication

Replying to Hamtaro

Hi, I was surfing looking for an easy way to copy tables because I have 18 small tables that only vary by name (used by different people). Your explanation save me a lot of time. Thanks. Tiki

-reply by Tiki