xisto Community
snlildude87

Pop-out Sig new technique

I made a pop-out sig today. It's nothing special, and it probably isn't good, but I just wanted to see that I could do it. By the way, do you know how hard it is to make one of these? I mean, the blending and everything. You have to make sure everything is in the correct order or else it'll look screwed up.

Posted Image

yeah i had a hard time figuring how to set it up at first but its easy just use the marque tool and highlight the area of the sig then change the size as long as you hae the marquee tool highlighting the area you be fine.but now for the good partrender looks good with the pop up but you did a bad job in blending in the render with the background the little part of the hair is still sticking out and not making it look good, text is just a little pixelated but good move to put it on top of the sword. i would have used some more color in the brushing to make it more stylish. getting better though9/10

*jaw drops* Wow that is beautiful! You are obviously very talented. Show me how to do that! LOL

167850[/snapback]

Are you kidding?! I think it's bordering on simple. It's hard to explain. You have to wrap the polygonal lasso tool WAY around the sword (or the stuff you don't want blended) so that it'll blend in like that without killing off everything else. That's the blending part. The rest is just brushing and coloring. :D

Looks good. The bg is nothing TOO special, and the text, while inventive, is kinda odd, and the minor hair blending thing, but you did a nice job, especially for your first popout. Nice job buddy.BTW -- If you flipped that sideways, it'd be much taller than my spawn sig. And everybody knows vertical scrolling's cooler than horizontal. :D

Are you kidding?! I think it's bordering on simple. It's hard to explain. You have to wrap the polygonal lasso tool WAY around the sword (or the stuff you don't want blended) so that it'll blend in like that without killing off everything else. That's the blending part. The rest is just brushing and coloring. 

i think the question was referring ot the whole thing, no it not borderline simple it is simple to blend in the render of course to blend it the right way that the hard part, but i did notice one thing though the hilt was it cut off at the top or was it complete? if so just make the render just a bit smaller to fit the whole thing in.

That's simple?! LOL I think you've read a couple more tutorials than me then. :D And no I'm not kidding, I think it looks great! I love the way it pops out at you - very dramatic.

well like i got use to pop out are not really the "thing" anymore i do them rarely do to the fact that im trying to work on my brushing more but again i can't get the depth that i am looking for in my sigs.

well like i got use to pop out are not really the "thing" anymore i do them rarely do to the fact that im trying to work on my brushing more but again i can't get the depth that i am looking for in my sigs.

167889[/snapback]

Good man. Good man. Way to prioritize.

see i am learning ***yeah right*** but well i just made to pop out sigs, well im done for the month.

@Michael 1: I'll try to blend in the hair more.@Brooks 1: Yeah, the sig is meant to be simple except for the pop-out. What don't you like about the text? Font or placement? Or everything? And how will flipping it horizontal make it taller?@Michael 2: Nah, the hilt is not cut off. It came like that. One of the fingers is though. See if you can find it.@areawe 2: I do tutorials, but I never use them in my sigs. It's just that I never found the right one, yet.I'm doing this kind of quoting because the old one seems to be down at the moment. Oh, and I had a hard time finding this forum, too. :D

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

yeah johnny made some changes if you havn't notice the red in his name.like the fingers was hard to find :Dhey snlil i hihgly recommend going to gamerenders.com for tutorials believe me anything that has been done has been done at gr they got enough tutorials to make you drool and be up for hours.

@Michael 1: I'll try to blend in the hair more.

@Brooks 1: Yeah, the sig is meant to be simple except for the pop-out. What don't you like about the text? Font or placement? Or everything? And how will flipping it horizontal make it taller?

@Michael 2: Nah, the hilt is not cut off. It came like that. One of the fingers is though. See if you can find it.

@areawe 2: I do tutorials, but I never use them in my sigs. It's just that I never found the right one, yet.

I'm doing this kind of quoting because the old one seems to be down at the moment. Oh, and I had a hard time finding this forum, too. :D

168055[/snapback]

1. The placement. And flipping the sig 90 degrees would make it vertical, and it'd be taller than my spawn sig.

2. It's changed for the better.

yeah johnny made some changes if you havn't notice the red in his name.

hey snlil i hihgly recommend going to gamerenders.com for tutorials believe me anything that has been done has been done at gr they got enough tutorials to make you drool and be up for hours.

168195[/snapback]

1. Ixnay. Incognito-ay.

2. Remove that from your head.

remove what form my head XPbut was thinking though (hard ot believe) look up some tutorials on indent text into objects i thought about doing it but couldn't find any good renders to pull that off with.

hey snlil i hihgly recommend going to gamerenders.com for tutorials believe me anything that has been done has been done at gr they got enough tutorials to make you drool and be up for hours.

168195[/snapback]

Gamerenders tutorial? They have pop-out sigs tutorials? I don't need those. Figured it out on my own. :D But what's the difference between gamerenders and good-tutorials?