xisto Community
felipevianna

Virus In My Cookies

:D I can't understand why can I virus or trojan or warms infect a cookie... :( I studied the cookie for my website and I learned that the cookie is a simple text.... and if you open a cookie is like:

ConversionCtcBQjk3THdrT19ZUXBhQ0daZmVzQ-m5n5QBSAE
www.googleadservices.com/10afds2484536945629729345423456344356131*

well... :D it's impossible do something using simple text that only receive chars... What's happen :(

Lol, wow, i've never heard of a virus infecting a cookie before. What program detected the virus? Seeing that the cookie was made by google, i'm sure google wouldnt do such a thing. Since it's a cookie, i'm sure you'd be able to delete it without any problem.

no no..... :( I'm sorryThis cookie is only a example that I take from my computer... I deleted the cookies infected.I used a lot adware and anti-trojan and this programs check the Registers, cookies and programs and found virus into the cookies but I can't understand how is usefull a virus in a cookie;;; :D

I'm no expert on the matter, but I would assume that a virus created or modified the cookies in such a way as to benefit the virus. Obviously, a simple text document cannot house a virus. If it could, the Internet would be a very scary thing, indeed.

i think it is not a problem of cookie by google...it may be a virus which is trying to take information from that cookie and share it with other companies...or may be it can be a tracking cookie and the virus checker is detecting it as a virus...we can not be sure on this untill unless you tell us more information about ur antivirus and other details which you get when you scan your computer with the antivirus..

The virus probably takes your cookies and submits them to a remote computer where they are looked at. From those cookies a company can tell what site's you go on and from that they can tell your interests. They then send you back advertisements which they think you are likely to click on and if you do the company make money.

Why cookies and not caches? Because they are small and they aren't that many of them on a single computer. In them and their filenames you can easily see the url the person visited. Have a look yourself. Just paste %USERPROFILE%\Cookies into your browser.

One cookie is only one piece of text in an archive in the computer, I contend information that identify it for a specific site and any other information that the site desires to keep on the user who the visit.Cookies is legitimate tools, used for many sites to track the information of the visitor. As example, I can have access a store on-line since a computer hardwired in the Internet and place an item in the basket, but to decide not to buy it immediately because desire to compare prices. The store can opt to recording the information on the products placed in my basket in one cookie stored in my computer. This is an example of a good use of cookies to improve the experienceof the user, since he prevents that the user has that to redigitar, or to remake, all the choices and navigations that made previously. The only sites that must recoup the information stored in one cookie are those that had recorded the information in this cookie specific. This must assure its privacy hindering that any another site that it is visiting can read cookies created by that one another site.

Do some sites use cookies to explore the information of the user?R. That is unhappyly possible yes. Some sites can deceive the users or omit its directive.For example, they can track its habits of navigation in the Web in site different, without that you it knows, and to use these data to personalize the announcements that you see in the sites, etc, what normally privacy invasion is considered - even so some users not they matter with this specific use of one cookie.It is difficult to identify to this and other forms of "bad use of cookies", what it makes it difficult to decide if, when and as to block them in the system. Moreover, the acceptable level of shared information varies between the users, becoming difficult to create a program "anticookie" to take care of tothe necessities of each one.

How spyware explores the information of the user?R. The problem of spyware is similar to the problem of cookies for thefact of both to be considered a privacy invasion, although spyware either different of cookies, technical speaking. Spyware is a program executed in the computer, that it tracks its habits and it personalizes these standards for announcements, etc. As it is a computer program and not only a piece of pure text, inside of one cookie, spyware also can carry through irritating actions to guarantee itsfunctioning and to influence what you see. In addition, being an executable one, it could be modified, on-line for its developers, being able to execute any action that the same it desires to make in a system.

Probably the anti-Trojan finds differences in the registers and dates proving that a Trojan invaded the virus what it does not mean that cookie is dangerous and as already said, it is only one archive of text, or either, it cannot technical be dangerous.