xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
leiaah

My Computer Doesn't Detect Digicam

Hi! I just purchased a digital camera from vivitar and it's one of those pen cameras. I'm running on Windows XP and I've installed the driver already. My problem is that I have to restart my computer first before it detects the camera so when my computer is on and I want to download my pictures I still have to boot my pc so that the camera gets detected. And worse sometimes is still doesn't get detected. I've tried using my friend's PC and it's still the same.What do you think is the problem here, is it a driver problem or a PC problem? I've tried visiting the vivitar website but the model is not in the list anymore. Can anyone help? Thanks :D

The thing that the camera is not even detected in your friends computer is a bad signal. I guess is a camera that connects with USB. Can be that you do not have your USBs properly configured. It happend also to me. I had problems with my digital camera until one day all my usbs did not read anymore. I reconfigure it all and now it works without problem. unluckily your problem sound worst. I hope you find the solution and you post it here to help people with the same problem. Did you Googled about it?

I'm not very sure about this, but probably the memory card you're using in the Digital Camera is corrupted or something. Once you get connected (by restarting and all), try formatting the memory card and then try working things out. Again, I'm not very sure about the solution, but might just work out. Hope it helps.

Right it happens with the bad USB problem.it happens with my friend before he changed the unit.anyway you can ask for this with your vendor and check if it works.

It only has an internal memory so I don't think it's that (?). It gets detected in my friend's PC too but only after a reboot. I've checked my device manager and everything seems to be working fine so I don't really know. :D

Hi leiaah,It's DEFINITELY a driver/program problem. Get different/new drivers (that work) from the manufacturer OR exchange (get a different brand) camera. RGPHNX