xisto Community
snlildude87

Star Wars Republic Commando Sig ...with grids

Interesting fact: Did you know that I had to Google the name of the game? I had no idea what it was called, but now I do. w00t.

All right, here it is:

Posted Image

Whadayathink? The text may be too close to the render's head, but whatever. I was trying to make the text on his hand... :-/

You could nudge the render to the left a bit, and then center the text so it can be in the middle of the image. Overall, very good. But the text looks a bit jagged. No anti-aliasing?

[1]You could nudge the render to the left a bit, and then center the text so it can be in the middle of the image. [2]Overall, very good. [3]But the text looks a bit jagged. No anti-aliasing?

166476[/snapback]

[1] Mayhaps, but isn't the text centered already?

[2] Gracias.

[3] Oooh, I never noticed that about the text. When I turn do the anti-aliasing, it makes it blurry. Oh well. I went back and edited it now. Instead of None, I chose Crisp. I have no idea what each one means...maybe Brooks could do a tutorial on it.

New sig:

Posted Image

Instead of None, I chose Crisp. I have no idea what each one means...maybe Brooks could do a tutorial on it.

166490[/snapback]

I dunno what exactly they do or how they work, I just know what the result will be.

Anyway, nice sig, and it looks much better with the AA on the text, but I don't really like that font, and the sig has too much of one color, I think.

Oh, another handy tip from Johnny -- Don't brush the whole sig. I mean, you can, but it has a much better effect when you don't. :D

That's one I just learned a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

[1]I dunno what exactly they do or how they work, I just know what the result will be.

[2]Anyway, nice sig, [2.25]and it looks much better with the AA on the text, [2.5]but I don't really like that font, [2.75]and the sig has too much of one color, I think.

[3]Oh, another handy tip from Johnny -- Don't brush the whole sig. I mean, you can, but it has a much better effect when you don't. :D

That's one I just learned a couple weeks ago.

166496[/snapback]

[1] Geez, out of everybody, I thought you would know. What is this world coming to when Brooks doesn't know the difference between Crisp and Strong. *sigh*

[2] Thank you.

[2.25] What does AA stand for? I don't remember having an Alcoholic on it....

[2.5] Too bad. I love it. I heart it.

[2.75] :( Look at the dude's elbow. Then look at his specs. :D

[3] Whadayamean?

What does AA stand for?

I think he was using the initials of anti-aliasing.

but isn't the text centered already?

No, move it more to the left and it will. I tend to be a perfectionist, and i just happen to notice these things. If you select the background layer, and then link it with the text layer, you'll be able to center the text with an option that comes avaiable when you have the move tool selected.

[1]I think he was using the initials of anti-aliasing.

[2]No, move it more to the left and it will. I tend to be a perfectionist, and i just happen to notice these things. If you select the background layer, and then link it with the text layer, you'll be able to center the text with an option that comes avaiable when you have the move tool selected.

166509[/snapback]

[1] Sometimes, the abbreviations get a little out-of-hand, Brooks. All this time, I was thinking Alcoholics Anonymous

[2] And how exactly do you link it with the background? I'm still a Photoshop newbie. Wanna know how I center stuff? I use a ruler. No lie.

[1] Geez, out of everybody, I thought you would know. What is this world coming to when Brooks doesn't know the difference between Crisp and Strong. *sigh*

[2] Thank you.

[2.25] What does AA stand for? I don't remember having an Alcoholic on it....

[2.5] Too bad. I love it. I heart it.

[2.75]  :D Look at the dude's elbow. Then look at his specs. :(

[3] Whadayamean?

166504[/snapback]

[1] Crisp is crisp, Strong is fat-like. :D

[2] You're very welcome.

[2.25] Anti-Aliasing. And it's not just me...it's common designer lingo or whatnot.

[2.5] Yes, that's right, it IS too bad.

[2.75] Look at what I said. I said too much of one color...not ALL one color. :(

[3] Meaning don't brush over the entire sig...leave some black parts here and there...so it doesn't look like just a box, you know?

[1] Sometimes, the abbreviations get a little out-of-hand, Brooks. All this time, I was thinking Alcoholics Anonymous

[2] And how exactly do you link it with the background? I'm still a Photoshop newbie. Wanna know how I center stuff? I use a ruler. No lie.

166511[/snapback]

You'll notice that next to the "eye" on the layers, is another box on the right of it, an empty box, when you click on it displays a "chain-link". When you're using the move tool with a linked layer, you can move both layers (the selected layer and the linked one) at the same time, or align it based on the position of the selected layer and how much space the selected layer is taking up.

Strong is fat-like.

Strong is another word for bold. If you look back into HTML, you'll notice that the way people made bold letters, in older versions of HTML, were through the strong tag.

[1] You'll notice that next to the "eye" on the layers, is another box on the right of it, an empty box, when you click on it displays a "chain-link". When you're using the move tool with a linked layer, you can move both layers (the selected layer and the linked one) at the same time, or align it based on the position of the selected layer and how much space the selected layer is taking up.

[2] Strong is another word for bold. If you look back into HTML, you'll notice that the way people made bold letters, in older versions of HTML, were through the strong tag.

166515[/snapback]

[1] DARN! I forgot to add that part...I wanted credit for it. :(

[2] Yes, I know that...I know quite a bit of HTML. I was just pointing out how it physically looks. :D

[1] DONT USE THIS ANY MOREGreat sig, did his visor come like that or did you use cloud on it? i like the grid effect but the text is a little plain =P

DARN! I forgot to add that part...I wanted credit for it. :D

LOL, i was wondering why you had nothing under the second quote, in post #8.

[1 & 2] DONT USE THIS ANY MORE

[3] Great sig, did his visor come like that or did you use cloud on it? i like the grid effect but the text is a little plain =P

166530[/snapback]

[1] Haha, thanks for numbering for me.

[2] Actually, that technique so much better than quoting a single part of one's post one-at-a-time. I can just number their post, and my numbers will coorespond. Oh, and if you tell my to stop, you're gonna have to tell Brooks to stop as well. He adopted my technique.

[3] Thank you for the comment. The visor? Are you talking about the dude's specs? Yeah, it came like that, but thanks for pointing it out. I'll be sure to make the effect if it doesn't come like that. Yeah, the text kills me a lot on my sigs. :D