xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
steven

Space Shuttle Liftoff It was today

Space Shuttle Discovery has bee launched at 10:39 AM today. At about 10:56 AM the Shuttle left the external fuel tank. And was on it's orbit without the need of Orbital Maneuvering System. After the desired orbit, the Space Shuttle Discovery will be on it's way to the International Space Station. The true amazing thing about this liftoff was that we were able to see the solid rocket boosters leaving the shuttle from a LIVE Camera that was planted on the external fuel tank.Everything has went well and according to plans. An extraordinary launch by NASA.That's it from me. :(:D:D

I saw it live on TV as well and surely the view was amazing. This was the first time I saw something this big live on TV. I was very happy that nothing went wrong and had actually crossed my fingers on that. The feed that will be aired showing the rest of their journey would be amazing. Wishing them the best. :D

I had watched it too. It was really amazing. It only took, what, 10 minutes to get up there. And when they showed leave the fueal tank, that was the best part of all. You could see the earth behind it. I just hope they make it back okay this time!