xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vusay

Metallica Tribute Band We need some ideas please

Hi everyone,

Me and some mates are starting a METALLICA tribute band and we need some help from you guys...

:: Firstly - Name? We want to be named after one of their songs. The shorter the possible but quite a popular song would be better. We all like Battery and Motorbreath. Battery is a pouplar song which is good, but for Motorbreath I could use Metallicas signature 'M' shape for the 'M'.

:: Problem 2 - We are (from Britian btw) in Year 11 so I think it might look a bit wierd 15 year olds diving around on stage trying to play like people who have been rocking all their life. How would you feel if you went to see a Met tribute band and found some teenagers diving around. Hmm.

Our gear sounds alright. I use a Peavey Rotor through a Peavey studio Pro 112 occasionally with a Korg ax10g (soon to be the ax3000g) and I play mainly lead. Our other guitarist uses a (bright orange lol) ibanez S which sounds absoultely beautiful through a Marshall DSL.

So far we know (properly i mean):

Sad but True

Of Wolf and Man

Master of Puppets

One

Just us two guitars also know:

The frayed ends of sanity

Seek and Destroy

We are going to learn soon:

-Human

Whiplash

Enter Sandman

My friend of Misery

We also know from other bands:

Judas Priest - Electric Eye

Judas Priest - Living after Midnight

The Hives - Hate to say I told you so

The Knack - My Sharona

Anyone got any suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Well, first off, if you know "One", then you're band is pretty good. The guitar solo's are just, wow, sick, so big ups there if you guys got it down. Secondly, yeah you guys are really young, but then again, that'll give you a lot of time to organize yourselves...in other words, take your time. As for your name, wow, tough decision to make, going with a song could be good, heck I'd take Hero of the Day or Some Kind of Monster if I were to choose a Metallica song, but that goes the other way in comparison to what you want.Some other great songs you should learn from the band that rock...Ones previously mentioned, Hero of the Day, Some Kind of MonsterIn addition, Fuel, I Disappear, Whiskey in The Jar, St. Anger, and Ain't My B*tch, all great guitar...

Before you even start, make sure you get a good lawyer so you can sue anyone who tries to download your music illegally. You'll also need a good publicist to convince everyone that you're still a band 'of the people' while your lawyer's going around kicking heads. :D

Hi. Firstly, yehr hero of the day sounds pretty cool actually. As for the songs, I personally don't like the St. Anger album but loads of people do so we'd learn some of the stuff off of that. We're going to learn Fuel. We have to! And memory remains, Devils dance, a lot off Re-load. I can play the main riff from Whiskey in the Jar so that'll be down there too hopefully. About the One solo. Yehr, that's me working overtime playing that. When you first look at the tabs you think **** me, but actually it's not that diffucult. Sounds cool though. Oh yehr and fade to black. That's got a good final solo. If there's any guitarists out there, look at the solo for 'Seek and destroy'. Listening to it it sounds like a full on shred, and it sounds areally hard. Look at it, it's all pentatonic stuff, with really eeasy runs. Don't be put off by the speed because it gets pretty easy once you've played it a few wimes.And about the lawyers. true actually. Then again, if anyone illegally downloads our music all the police have to do is arrest 'Mr Bean'. Their loss! Nah, not being Modest we sound alright.Thanks for your comments. (I'm still for 'Motorbreath'. - And it's good to see people with a good taste in music, not Greenday and stuff.)