xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sportzdawg

Need Opinions And Thoughts! new sports site

Hey everyone need some thoughts on what your favorite sports are and what your favorite sport websites are. What do you enjoy most about each site ...what writers seem more entertaining...or if you just enjoy the stats and facts. I am starting a sports site and just need some info about what real fans want to see and what factors impress them with a new site...besides graphics.Thanks all!

Hey.. well first of all let me say great topic, I think it's a nice idea.. Well my sports are martial arts - judo and karate... Unfortunatly there are very few good websites to promote them and support them, unlike an interactive football website where you feel involved, most judo websites are very outside experiences, as if your reading something you shouldn't be.. I wish there were better websites, more informal for the arts, but I do like photographs of judo in action, it gives me a thrill in my stomach and makes me want to join in, and the Chicago martial arts academy website does a very good job of making you want to join in.. Anyways that's my view.. thanks for the great topic, Webber...

the most important aspect of your site if you are considering sports is the content.keep it simple but keep your content quality high and constantly updated.i have just started a football website, roundballfootball, and everyone has told me that the simple layout of the site makes it appealing and easy.

well i guess if your are opening a sports site you should try to put a little bit of everything there. in my case, i like sports like kickboxing and capoeira but i also love to dance and that can be a sport too. of course that football is the sport that captures everyone is this days..try to do a site where we can get information about the story and the bases of the sports and where the most actual news about them can be read. <_<

Its a good thing that you are trying to start a sports site. By mine I advice you to put more stress on Cricket and then on Football. Put more interesting facts, data, galleries and the download section. Give update scores and links to other cricket and sports sites. Besides this put some space for other games also, thus all peoples can get information according to their interest. So make a good site and send me the link. Congratulation in advance...

:P

I enjoy skateboarding alot, and I like Xisto because I feel committed to it. But what do you mean our favorite sites? Like web design or info on it? Any? Well the RS site has good web design, a bit disorganized, but good none the less. I appreciate Google.

Hmm Favourite Sport must be Paintball, no idea why i enjoy getting shot by flying projectiles travelling at 300fps. And possibley the best Website for paintball has to be spec ops paintball, it has everything. A shop ran by paintballer's who make there own mod's, Forums which can teach you so much, Giudes to eqiupment and tactics, Loads of media. It's just generally the first place to go if you need info on paintball. I would definatly reccomend it if you are getting into paintball or, are already playing there is something to learn on that site either from there tactics manual or other user's on the forums.

I've visited a lot of different sports sites in my time. I've found that the simplest ones are the best. I always make sure to check ESPN.com, NBA.com, Yahoo Sports....etc. Stuff like that. I also like to check out Withleather.com which is a blog that has some humorous takes on sports news. NBA.com is best when i'm looking up basketball stuff....that does without saying.I think i'd enjoy a site that has columns/opinion articles as well. I always read the paper for the opinions and thoughts on situations.

My favourite sports are:Volley Ball(Aussie Rules) FootieBasketball (Only somtimes)I don't really visit sporting websites too often because Im not a crazy sports person. But I'd visit one if I wanted to know the rules of a game. You could make instructions on how to different games. Though they would have to be very easy to follow and understand :)

well firstly you need your site to have good information. you need to have a wide variaty of sports to be able to attract the largest number of visitors. i like rugby league (and rugby union) so the main sports site i visit is the National Rugby League website http://www.nrl.com/ . if you want graphics advice i know a site that just has the WORST WORST WORST graphics IMAGINABLE and claims to be the best free hosting site. it is http://bestwebhost.com/. oh god it is the worst site lol and they charge $10 a month for hosting and look at how crap the sites graphics are.

good luck on the site.