xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ManOfSTEEL

Which Anti-virus Program Remove Bloodhound? Anti-Virus that can remove bloodhound

Yesterday I was surfing the net and new virus was detected in my computer, its called w32.bloodhound. Currently I am using Nortong Antrivirus Corporate edition version 9. This program detect the virus but was not able to remove it. IF you people have encountered this virus? what program or anti-virus did you used?Also there I have found a program in my add remove program called BullEyeNetword and I can't remove the program. Can you please give me hint on how to handle this kind of anoying program and virus?Thanks in advance I am hoping for your friendly help...:)

I suggest you try McAffe. Norton doesnt do anything but tell you its there. Or even AVG Free can remove it.

~Darker333

165831[/snapback]

You mean even the newest version of norton can't remove the virus?

The file that is infected by the virus is very important to me, is there any possibility that anti-virus might deleted the file during scan cleaning?

The two I mentioned can and will delete it during a scan. Thats why I listed them!

~Darker333

165846[/snapback]

Ok thanks a lo..

How about the other one? the one I mention in my post.

BulleyeNetwork? did you encounter this program?

I can't remove the program even in the add remove and in the registry?

I am using Nortons Anti Virus 2005 and it picked up the same Virus. However, my Nortons did remove the Virus. I am unsure what could be the matter with yours. But you should try AVG. I know a contact of mine online that encountered the same problem and uses AVG and it picked it up and removed it also. Good Luck. Hope you fix your problem soon.

Hi ManOfSTEEL,Like the other posters said. MCaffee & AVG should be able to remove the bloodhound virus. Relax..it's not a very harmful virus..mostly just "gunks up" the registry ..etc....so you have some time to get it off the computer.There's also a specific removal tool for it somewhere (can't remember exactly where it's at tho)..check McAffee's website or Google it.Hope this helpsRGPHNX

I don't wanna be rude or anything, but do you people actualy know what you are talking about? I'm not a norton user (i kinda hate norton) and even i know whats wrong :D
w32.bloodhound: bloodhound is the part of norton antivirus that is designed to detect unknown viruses, its not a virus itself, its an alert to tell you an unknow virus is found (it could be a false positive), i suggest you update your antivirus defenitions and you do a scan in safe mod (if you don't know how, just ask me :D ) if it isn't gone then, do an online scan like the one of panda antivirus.

Also there I have found a program in my add remove program called BullEyeNetword and I can't remove the program. Can you please give me hint on how to handle this kind of anoying program and virus?

this program would be spyware, i suggest you download ad-aware (use google) and a trial version of spysweeper and you clean your computer with those to.
good luck :D

I got the same problem too its really pissing me offbloodhound its changed most of my icons and cant open any exe or zip files and programs any 1 that can Please tell me the best anti-virus that can get rid of it-kelaby