xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wakelim

Why Do You Support Your Team?

Why do you support whatever sports team you support? Is it because you actually have strong attatchments to the area or do you just enjoy the success and big fanbase etc.?

well im greenbay packers fan (football) born and raise in the land of the cheese head, and family tradition plus we won the first 2 superbowls and hold the record for most championships won (not including the superbowl).

Speaking about my favourite soccer team I msu admit that hte story is quite strange.Before choosing Parma I like great and famous team as Milan and Juventus. But a day (I was 8 years old) a my classmate was called by this team to play in their junior section. I haven't ever heard about it, but from that day I have started to like it. I think that I support it for a strange supernatural event, but it is still a mistery. :)

hmm supernatrual thats taking it to the extreme. but i remeber mid 90'2 when i think it was brazil goalie was killed for losing the game after botching a goal, now thats extreme.of course a good ole soccer riots are sweet never been in one but i here it is one heck a rush to be in it.

The only club sports team I really support is Manchester United. I started supporting them when I was 8 and it was based on the England team. There was a world cup on at the time and I was just getting into the sport. I thought (stupidly I admit :D ) that Manchester United were a mid-table team, and Liverpool were the champions. Manchester United had won the title about 7 out of 9 years for those who don't know. Well, I really didn't know, but I still get called a glory supporter for supporting a good team.I don't suppose anybody actually supports a team because they live there or something, do they? Oh well, I suppose I can't talk.

Why do you support whatever sports team you support? Is it because you actually have strong attatchments to the area or do you just enjoy the success and big fanbase etc.?

165152[/snapback]

I support R.Madrid soccer team and i think is because my father was a big fan, R.Madrid is a great team, the football is a common thema here and i live near Madrid.

As a kid, I cheered for the Montreal Expos (long before they moved to Washington), mainly because of strong attachments and that they were the closest pro baseball team to Ottawa (where I grew up). Likewise, I used to cheer for the Habs (Montreal Canadiens) in the NHL because of the same reason. However, I started to become more of an Ottawa Sentors fan (again, because of my roots) since they played their first season in 1992/93. In my opinion, it takes a real fan to support the team through both the good and bad times, rather than jump on the bandwagon when the team is winning.

I've rooted for the Chicago Cubs for the last 6 years or so but I root more for players then teams. I determine which players not only by how they live their lives but how much I like their testimonies. Most of them are found at http://thegoal.com/ but in the case of J.D. Drew and some others, they are found at http://www.christianitytoday.com/ which has a few testimonies here and there.

Some of my favorite players are J.D. Drew, Todd Hollandsworth, Jim Thome, Todd Walker, Michael Barrett, Lance Berkman, Mike Sweeney, John Smoltz, Mariano Rivera, and Jimmy Rollins.

It's not only because the Cubs are a regional team but also because Walker, Hollandsworth, and Barrett are on the team. If any one of them were to leave I'd be less intent on rooting for them. Also, I don't mind the White Sox winning (Dustin Hermanson is the only favorite player on the team though) as long as they're not facing the Cubs :) A Cubs-White Sox WS would be awesome! As long as the Cubs won, that is :D

The only club sports team I really support is Manchester United. I started supporting them when I was 8 and it was based on the England team. There was a world cup on at the time and I was just getting into the sport. I thought (stupidly I admit :) ) that Manchester United were a mid-table team, and Liverpool were the champions. Manchester United had won the title about 7 out of 9 years for those who don't know. Well, I really didn't know, but I still get called a glory supporter for supporting a good team.
I don't suppose anybody actually supports a team because they live there or something, do they? Oh well, I suppose I can't talk.

Well wakelim, i come from Liverpool And Guess what i suport Man Utd! Yer Right i would have been shot by now lol :) no really i suport liverpool as when i was a child i didnt really follow football but as my brother put to me you should suport your local team which i took into concideration and decided he was correct, we could argue alday that my local team is Everton as they were created first in liverpool and anfield was there ground before we bought it of them but who cares the reds are now firmly in my heart and for so long they were well the pits but thankfully dedication for all our fans has been sweet and we have been treated to to finals in the best cup competition in the world, and i look forward to getting the appluse from your players when we take the premiership trophy from them next season.

If you go to were the team you suport is from you will see the difference in passion, the bars and clubs here you see big grown hard men cry when we lose an important game like a champions leauge final tell me how many liverpool suporters cried in london i could count on my fingers i bet my house on it so choose your team out of pride and passion and you will disscover a whole new world of football which is a lot more plesuring and heart breaking but you cant expiriance true plesure until you have expirianced true pain. :)

The first team I really grew to love and to call my favorite team are the Florida Marlins. I moved to Florida when I was 5 years old, and that was the year the Marlins were in the playoffs. I was just starting to watch baseball on TV and they were the team I followed and I went to some of their games. I grew to love them, despite many horrible seasons but they did eventually go on to win the 2003 World Series as well. I have followed the team all my life now really, and still continue to go down and see them play even though a moved 6 hours away. I have started to root for my new home team the Tampa Bay Devil Rays but whenever they play each other, I root mostly for the Marlins but it doesn't hurt too much if they lose. The Marlins have been really who I stick with because I've watched them all my life. Since I live in Tampa I naturally root for the home teams and have grown more to their liking as well. This includes hockey, and football.Really the surroundings really got me going on rooting for my favorite team and the more I watch them, the more I tend to root for them. Although I never really rooted for the Miami Dolphins when I was down in West Palm Beach, probably because I wasn't really interested in football at the time.

CRONULLA SHARKS

I have gone for the Cronulla sharks since I was born. For those that don't know, the Sharks are a rugby league team, and compete in the Australian NRL. They were formed in the 1960's... I think :S Many greats have past through the club, including E.T, Steve Rogers, and others. This season, we have not been doing very well, currently place 11th on the ladder. We are currently situated in a 4 game losing streak. Our home ground is Toyota Park, Cronulla, and our team colours are blue, white and black. Although we have never won a premiership, and not known as a strong club, we are full of pride.

RUGBY UNION

In rugby Union I go for the Wallabies and the NSW Waratahs.
The Wallabies are the national Rugby team of Australia. Our team colors are green and gold. We compete in the tri-nations (Australia, New Zealand, South Africa) the Bledisloe Cup (Australia, New Zealand) and the World Cup. The Wallabies have the world record amount of World Cup wins with 2, 1991 & 1999.

The NSW Waratahs currently compete in the Super 14's competition, which a competition with 14 other teams (refer to name) from Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Their team colours are blue and white.

SOCCER

- Manchester Utd
- Sydney FC

Well because is like a family matter, you compenetrate wit a team in so many levels, that you see it like an important part of your life, thats my personal case...

I am a cheesehead as well ... I enjoy the Packers and support them no matter how they are playing ... I am also a Brewers fan, a Badgers fan and a Razorbacks fan ... I support the teams in the area I live but will always be faithful to the Wisconsin teams as I grew up there and have spent most of my life there ...

I really like(d) the Newcastle Knights, a local National Rugby Leage (Australia) team. But after the Andrew Johns scandal, I stopped supporting them.Andrew Johns was a really good player, but the team wasn't all that great, but they tried hard, and I like them. But when Andrew Johns was found out to have taken drugs, that was sad. Very sad. Now I don't like any NRL team.