xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alive

Angry? How Do You Calm Yourself Down?

Hi, I have always had a bit of a temper to be honest, but I have never really lost it. Sometimes when I get really angry I can feel my self heating up inside, but I just walk off. The funny thing is that I never get angry outside of my home. In school or whatever it all goes over my head - it's only at home I easily get stressed. I was wondering how you guys calm down when you are really stressed. I personally will practice Karate or if not I will just go upstairs to my bedroom and look out the skylight at the views over my beautiful little town. How do you guys calm down? I've heard some really weird methods of calming down, all sorts of things so I was just wondering how you guys do it. Thanks for your time, Sean Webber.

well when i get angry what i do is just go into my room and then i listen to music....fast music and with the beats my anger goes away...and this is the only method which i use when i am at my home..but when i am outside my house then i go in a vacant place and then i start punching the wall...i hurts but due to pain i forget the anger:)

When you don't express your anger instantly, you usually start heating up inside, which is worse, because it keeps building up in you and keeps you in a state of mind where you're always looking for revenge and get annoyed very easily. This happens with me all the time.I too listen to music (heavy metal) to calm myself down; but that is just a temporary treatment, because I don't forget stuff easily. Then if my car is available (many members of my family drive the same car), I head off to the road releasing most of my anger by driving fast and annoying other people, which I feel is very dangerous and believe me, I've been under a weeks therapy for this; but it did not help. I still resort to driving to release my anger, which I know is wrong.

I've had a lifetimes worth of repressed anger .... and let me tell ya', it's not good for your karma .... however, I'm not advocating that you express your anger at will .... that's totally inappropriate ....

I have no easy answers on this issue .... I've found that venting to friends is very helpful .... and if I'm alone at home .... shouting at the walls is also quite cathartic .... I believe channeling your anger into some kind of exercise or creative process is also helpful, but I'm neither sporty or creative, so I can't say if this works or not ....

you have to get it out some way though, otherwise it'll drive you nuts .... ;)

I've found out a way of releasing my anger recently: writing. Sometimes we cannot say whatever we want or we'll hurt people. So, I write everything I'd like to say and it really works. It's like a theraphy. I always feel better after doing it and most of the time I see I should never say what I write. :)

yeah thier is no easy answer for this, anger runs in my family and beleive me when i say this, i would make the pope cry if he heard what i say when i release, but for me it took time and maturity to keep it in and then slowly let time cool me down, its slips occasionally but best thing to do is leave the situation and cool down for a few minutes to compose your self and ask youself why you are angry.

I get angry from time to time, and it often comes from frustration and/or stress, that things are not wroking out like I want them to. Usually I either talk it out with a friend or go outside and do exercise. Either way, it prevents my anger from building up inside (and eventually explode like a volcano).

First I wrote poetry, it is like my refuge when no one seems to care and listen to me. It is the easist and cheapest form of anti-stress.If poetry writing does not work, I listen to rock music. Is is one way of releasing angst. I can headbang while listening. and when I am all tired jumping and shouting, I could just sleep, and the pain and anger just goes out of me when i wake up.But I cannot just shout all the time at our house, I go to places when shouting is allowed. Like at theme parks, I would ride those fast roller coasters, and viking ship. so I could shout all my hated to the whole world. at least no one would get angry at me because we are all shouting.

Hi!When I'm angry at a person, I first have to tell em what's on my mind. If I feel like insulting the person, I first have to call him whatever I think of dem! Then I can finally find my peace ;) I'm very mean when I'm angry, so My boyfriend just gotsta luv me, cause he still with me, an I'm angry at him all the time.!! :) Nooo I'm actuallly a really nice person :D

oh yeah forgot that stress was a big factor in me blowing up and i have done that several times at work and in front of alot a people, well of course i had to do some many different things in the army it was unbearable and of course stupidity as well and hte fact people telling me how to my job just makes me want to go on top a building and try out my sniper skills, and they say people in the army are not violent HA!

Hey, This is a little weird, but at school nobody seems to get angry with me EVER and I NEVER seem to get angry at anyone (appart from the occasional teachers..lol, only joking) but at home or in my personal life I do get stressed just like anyone else does. I just go to my room, lie down and think about what has happened, reflect on what I have done and will listen to some nice loud, Heavy Metal (being my choice in music) or - when I am angry mostly Aerosmith. I have very recently started Reiki and am adapting to meditition, I would reccomend it to anyone... So when I am next fumeing I will just go to my room and meditate as silly as it may seem. Thanks for your time, Achieve.

Well i have the same problem as you but ive sorted it out loli listen to music to calm myself or go on the internet and download things i dont know why though... im strange =D you could try and think what makes you get so stressed at home and try to fix it but if you can't then DOWNLOAD THINGS jokes listen to music- make sure it is calm at least not all this propa rock music yeah...

Haha. I like this topic.I have it too. 'hungry anger' is what i call it.Anyway, I can normally control it though but I must acccept I get moody when I'm too hungry....and I can't usually concentrate on work when I'm hungry either.Well, I think one good solutions is a bite of chocolate! ^_^

Well, I try to control myself as much as I can, beacuse usually I act the way I wouldn't if i wasnt angry! and i hate that! I usually go somewhere and listen to trance music because it really chills me and when the anger passes - i am ql and i go back.. ^_^