xisto Community
wild20

Where Is The Best Place You Have Ever Gone? Best place you have vacationed at.

I've never really been on vacation but i'lld love to go to the caribeans (i'm from the bahamas). From what i hear, it's a beautiful place. I'lld love to go anywhere apart from europe. I live in europe and it's somewhat boring.

I belong to India and I have visited quite a few places here and all are amazing and distinct.But one the marvellous place I have been to is Kanyakumari down south in India. It is the sourthermost point on the mainland of India.Here three seas are supposed to meet (Bay of Bengal , Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean) I stood at the beach and felt one with the world.The most awsome landmark here is the Vivekanand Temple. You need to take a ferry(Small BOAT) to the place. the place gives you divine silence deep within you.It was the most thrilling experience being there.

Hey,I spent much time in my life away from home too. (study abroad). But I haven't travelled much. I love Scandinevia so far.I only went to Oslo, Stockhom, Coenhagen and Arhus (in Denmark).I think I love the quality of life and people there. I especially love the kindness and generosity of people in Oslo (Norway). One instance was that....just before Christmas when I was there. I saw a lots of very small children (4-5 years old) in groups. Each groups was led a teacher...they were walking to the same direction and they each had a nicely wrapped present in their hands. They were all walking to a big christmas tree, where there was a huge bag full of presents....the presents were to be sent to poorer children. I think the kids were all really sweet and they were learning how to share things with human race.Another instance was when Peak (my bf) and I were walking in town and taking photos. An old Norwegian person actually stopped us and said 'shall I take a photo for you'. It was just really nice.And another instance was when we were on the train to the suberb....we were going to the Ski museum (where ski olympic is held). So the train was gonna go a bit up the mountain and stuff. Peak and i was sitting together next to the window on one side of the train. A local girl went up to us and said 'why don't you go and sit on another side....next to the other window, the view/scenery is going to be nicer on that side. They were all offerring help without us even asking. I was very impressed. B) Love that holiday

I really enjoyed a trip I took to San Francisco three years ago. I stayed with my uncle, and it felt more like a temporary visit than a weekend get-a-way. I saw the University of California at Berkeley, took a walking tour of San Francisco and Berkeley, drove across the Golden Gate bridge to this beautiful cliff (which I always imagine returning to in my dreams) and toured Alcatraz listening to this documentary tape made by all former prisoners. I really liked Alcatraz and am planning a senior trip to San Fran just to go again.