xisto Community
heavensounds

A Battle Between Cheap Graphic Solutions

Intel wishes to reach even more for cheap (integrated) graphical solutions and is developing a new solution on this department - GMA 950. We are talking about a solid graphic soltion, which will be a part of i945G chip, what is interesting for the manufacturers of computers that are built to be used in offices. So Dell and HP are very likely to use this option because it is cheap and enough powerful. There are also roomers, that this card is goin to be capable of running games like Doom 3...This is also a bad news for Nvidia and ATI, which will loose a nice part of the market on that account. Intels solution will be a direct competitor to products like 6200TC, 6200 or X300SE, X300HM and X300 – X550. Larger manufacturers are likely to use the more affordable Intel soulution, because it will bring a lot more profit..

hmmmm well integrating the card into a stock computer would be a good place to start but to put it out at the market it going to have tough compition to make it a top seller.with technology these everyone is finding smarter ways to make the chips cheaper and more powerful, like the cell chip sony made, its going to be very big once its comes out.

I read two things about Intel Graphic's, the first is that Intel bought KYRO GRAPHICS some years ago and all the technology of this brand was applied in the Intel Graphic Arquitecture, this manufacturer had good video board but without T&L by hardware, the other thing that i read is about the existing GMA 900(also without Transforming and Lightening by hard) , this one have support fot Pixel Shader 2.0 (DX9) an is very interesting for the mobile market, because will be capable to support Windows Vista, Yo could play games like UT2003 or SIMS 2, etc, (DOOM 3 is unplayble), And is cheaper and low power consumption than the NVIDIA and ATI boards, In the desktop market it is true that HP, DELL, prefer this boards, but experienced user may prefer the NFORCE IGP solution, because the performance is better ex: NFORCE2 with GF4 MX .So I think that:The GMA 950 could be the best solution fot mobile market, and a very good solution for HP, DELL,etc manufacturers.kservice