xisto Community
HoRuS

And Again A New Phpbb phpBB 2.0.17

There are alot of new forums comming out. Invision with its 2.1 beta and Vbulletin with their 3.5. Everybody always competing to produce the better stuff but i dont know Vbulletin and Invision Power Board pretty competetive right now so lets see who is better and will win the challenge i guess. Those are the only two i'd recommend atleast. PHPBB sucks i think.

phpBB is good for a 100% free forum that you can get premoddified versions of. You really can't compare it to IPS's IPB or Jelsoft's VBulliten. The people working on phpBB have jobs, they make their program for free. The people working on IPB and VBulliten are paid, they can spend hours and hours working on super-boards. If the phpBB staff didn't have to work they would probably have better software.I think phpBB is great, the exploits are usually fixed within a day after an exploit or bug is fixed, and sometimes they fix them before any exploits are discovered.