xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
9thcircleapostles

Web Address Problem! my web adress doesnt exist...

Either yesterday or the day before, I created my account http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and nor nothing exists. I can't even access the cpanel :(

I think some of this is my fault because I forgot to point the address at ns1.trap17.com or ns2.trap17.com. I didn't (and still don't) know what that meant.

Please someone help, thanks :D.

Notice from KuBi:
Topic names and descriptions are VERY important. Remember to make then very descriptive next time. Changed.

Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

Let me explain this to EVERYONE. There's no need whatsoever to alert the admins in this case, because it is not within their power.

This is not an issue that lies with Xisto, but with the DNS servers all over the world. It can take up to 48 or more hours to have your website visible there. And also not all DNS servers work with class D URLs.

Every website has an IP, let's say 123.465.789 as example. To memorize websites like that will be a real hassle and next to impossible. So we use alpha-numerical values (letters LOL). Those DNS servers are what allows us to use the name instead of the IP. But we do not control those. Give it some time and it will be sorted. If it is not, please post again, then it's possible your ISP (whose DNS servers you normally use) can't handle Class D.

161652[/snapback]

I feel like an idiot lol :D. I think my answer *may* have been solved. Thanks moonwitch, I hope you are right about the DNS servers taking about 2 days to make it visible. But the fact that I didn't point my address to ns servers still bothers me a bit...

Since your question has been answered, I'm closing the topic to prevent spam. If you you thought it has been fixed but turns out nothing changed, PM me and we'll work it out.Topic Closed.