xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
biscuitrat

Some Random Artwork Illustrations for my story

I remember always starting on the eyes on these. I have a whole gallery of progress pics in trying to get that eye right and then the face around it. This is Murron. She's the daughter of a woman who hides her unjust ways behind her role as a wisewoman in the village. Murron only knows what she has grown up with, and with the growing tensions, she's unsure and unsteady as the days pass.

I did this in Fireworks, so you'll probably notice the lack of proper brushing or textures that you might find with Photoshop. Took about an hour max because of all the edits. Also, if the proportions, textures, or figures look kind of iffy, just know that I've never had room in my schedule to take a decent figure drawing class. The last one I remember was in 5th grade, so I got tips from my artist friends on this. Enjoy :P

Posted Image

Ok, so I was getting mad that no one responds to my posts and then I realized, I never respond to anyone?s posts. At any rate giving you an objective view on your drawing sounded like something I could manage. Any who, I?ll start from the top and work down.The hair is nice, the few loose strands that hang down on her face are a nice touch. The eyes are very nice and I can tell that you started with them and worked out, they are the first thing my eye is drawn to and that?s a good thing. The nose is simple, which is usually best. I don?t know if I quite agree with the angle of the mouth but that?s a minor thing. The clothes are a good color on her and I like the sleeves. I wish I could see the rest of her but full body shots are just a preference of mine. So overall B+, it could probably use one more session of touch up to make it look truly professional as it stands parts look fine while other parts are borderline. Great job and thanks for posting, if anything I or anyone else says is helpful, keep posting your work and I?d be happy to comment on it.

Ok, so I was getting mad that no one responds to my posts and then I realized, I never respond to anyones posts.  At any rate giving you an objective view on your drawing sounded like something I could manage.  Any who, Ill start from the top and work down.

The hair is nice, the few loose strands that hang down on her face are a nice touch.  The eyes are very nice and I can tell that you started with them and worked out, they are the first thing my eye is drawn to and thats a good thing.  The nose is simple, which is usually best.  I dont know if I quite agree with the angle of the mouth but thats a minor thing.  The clothes are a good color on her and I like the sleeves.  I wish I could see the rest of her but full body shots are just a preference of mine.  So overall B+, it could probably use one more session of touch up to make it look truly professional as it stands parts look fine while other parts are borderline.  Great job and thanks for posting, if anything I or anyone else says is helpful, keep posting your work and Id be happy to comment on it.

162878[/snapback]

Why thank you! The hair was actually the hard part because every layer I added on had to be a different opacity, color, whatever. The eyes are probably my favorite too. I'm not very good with noses and mouths which is what my friends have told me. I tend to make them extremely simple because anything else looks like crap when I draw it. The clothes are supposed to be earthy, sort of plain - just like her character. Her sleeves actually looked like plastic before I was told to blur them out.

I wish so much that I could make a decent full body shot but as clothes tend to be wrinkled, and as I'm not good with wrinkles or textures, I probably couldn't pull that off with color. It's next on my list though.

Thank you so much for the comments! I never thought of it as professional, more as borderline because I haven't had any real art classes to my credit, but thanks for the encouragement. This is actually one of three that I've finished. The other two are far too ugly to showcase here yet so I'll be posting those a bit later.

The funny thing on this one was that I redid the skin, hair, and dress this morning because the old version didn't look the same. I accidently did the new skin on the same layer as the whole picture (I couldn't find the .png of it to seperate it by layer) so it covered the original free falling strands. I had to redraw them and they look considerably worse :/

Posted Image

This was the picture I edited.