xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jay2aust

Mysql Database Backup/restore Error error with restoring backed up .sql file

hi there,

im just wondering if anyone can tell me what is wrong when im trying to restore my sql databsse (sorry if this is in the wrong section but i guess this is the only section that i think this will fit in)

SQL-query:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `e107_banlist` (
`banlist_ip` varchar( 100 ) NOT NULL default '',
`banlist_admin` smallint( 5 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`banlist_reason` tinytext NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `banlist_ip` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1

MySQL said: Documentation#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 6

thanks

kenneth

Im kind of guessing from the error since I don't know that much about sql.... but if your error message is correct, the "DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1" part is incorrect.Reasons for being incorrect. One possible reason is that the server doesn't have "latin1" charset. Another could be that the line of code is incorrect.My suggestion would be to try taking out the "CHARSET = latin1" part and see if it works. Otherwise you could just manually create the table through mysqladmin.Hope it helps :P

Im kind of guessing from the error since I don't know that much about sql.... but if your error message is correct, the "DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1" part is incorrect.

Reasons for being incorrect.  One possible reason is that the server doesn't have "latin1" charset.  Another could be that the line of code is incorrect.

My suggestion would be to try taking out the "CHARSET = latin1" part and see if it works.  Otherwise you could just manually create the table through mysqladmin.

Hope it helps :P

162446[/snapback]

thanks for your reply.. i did take it out before but unfortunately it came up with a extreamly error after that so i thought i would post it here and maybe i should find out whats the defult char for Xisto server..

but anyway..thanks anyway... appreciate it