xisto Community
Kremit

Tattoos? Will you get them?

For most of my life so far, I have thought that it would be a bad idea to get a tatoo. When I would talk to people about this I would say that a tatoo is a bad idea until one can be absolutely sure that the tatoo one will have is one that will be of significance for the rest of that person's life.

I will get a tatoo in the near future.

I have finally found something that I know will be with me for the rest of my life. A lot of people, I've noticed, get tatoos that are of art. I think that art is a cool thing, but I'm sure that it gets old after a while. Like watching a movie or listening to a song too many times, most art will eventually lose its beauty.

What I intend to get tatoo'd is a diagram of the soul, written with Greek text and with my design of the diagram. I get this interest from reading Platonic philosophy, which is something that has the power to brand itself to my life forever and will be with me always.

Tattoos kind of creep me out. Mainly when people get tons of them, big, ugly ones. A small on of just one thing, like maybe a cross, a dolphin, a small dragon, in a normal place like your ankle or top of your arm is okay. I wouldn't get one, though.

Will you get tattoos? do you already have them? if your going to get them what is it? if you already have them what is it and whyd you get it or why will you get it?

161246[/snapback]

I want one really bad. I want to get it on my anckle or shoulder but my step dad said its painfull to get it on the bone so I should aim for my thigh or stomach or something. I don't even know what I want a tattoo of... I just want one.

For one thing, I don't have an attitude to match with it.

Are you saying that all people who have tattoos have an attitude? You'd be wrong if you are.
I'm a bit like canpolitics - got a celtic design that goes around my upper left arm. I got mine when I was 28 also after quite a few years of not finding the right design.
My upper arm's not likely to stretch too much (seeing as I've been the same weight since I turned 15, I don't think I'm gonna get that fat as I grow older). The only thing is that it's gonna fade a bit over time which ain't really a problem - just get it recoloured.

Well you said that i said something about tattoos being sick, if i did then it would mean infection, but ya... like i said mine will be a big tribal design from my left arm to my bad and some on my upper chest, then it will end up merging off of that to have a grim reaper... then each spacing in the tribal will be filled with something about my life... i plan on being in the marines, so if i wouldnt like the tattoo when im like 45, i prob wont be alive by that time... since im joining up when im 18 so if the war in iraq is still going on... then well im going to go out, i know it sounds stupid to do something that i know im going to die...but if i dont ill have so much expierence for life ahead of me, ill be prepared, i just hope i dont die by being totured lol...

when i do get my tats im gettin them all at once to get them over with and so my girl can baby me even though she's told me they dont hurt afterwards lolim gettin them on my neck small one under the corner of my eye, both arms, my stomach and chest....since im gettin all of those, maybe i will need help because thats alot for one day

I would like to have a tattoo. but now this time. Probably when I am already stable, have a good and permanent job. Sometimes, finding and getting a good job here in the Philippines do not only depend on how yo think or howmuch talent you have. The companiesalso look at your personal apperance, and they hardly hire people with tattoos, especially those big tribal designs. They think you are a gangster or an ex-convict. It is discrimination! But for me having a tattoo is a personal freedom, a part of democracy. It is even a part of our local culture. our ancestros had these WHOLE BODY tattooes, and they considered them arts. And it was for them a sogn of being real men. It is also a sign of heirarchy or something, if you have this particulat design tattoed in your body you are a part of this kings or queens.

I don't wanna get a tattoo. They are almost impossible to remove and what happens when ur some old geezer. Than what. Your walking around with tattoo's on your arm and other parts of your body. Don't you think that would look a little weird? I would. Thats why I wouldn't get one.

i highly doubt i will ever be getting a tattoo. to start with, one of my biggest fears is needles, so unless you knock me out completely, i would never be able to do it. another reason, i think it is disgusting seeing an eighty year old man, or even worse, women, with saggy skin and tattoos all over their body. it's disgusting. also, getting a tattoo that is a name is pointless, unless it is something that you know will be forever, like a last name. and my final thought is, that the tattoos men get that are barbed wire around their upper arm are pointless, and not worth the pain or money.

This is something I have tossed around in my head time and time again. First I think, "ew, how ugly for older people to have tattoos, even if they are the only ones who will be seeing them!" But then I remind myself that I want one. If I ever got one, I would want it to be on the inside of my foot, but I have researched it and it doesn't seem like a very good spot for a tattoo. People have said that you need to get it touched up every few years (since you use your feet so much) and that it is a very painful spot. I don't mind needles, but I can see how this will be uncomfortable. I probably won't get one, so for now I'm just stuck stairing longingly at the people who are braver (and possibly stupider) than me. Oy.

Tattoos are all well and good when you're young .... but when you're in your 80's in a nursing home and someone is having to clean you up when you've gone weewees and they pull down your unmentionables and there is a whopping tattoo on your cellulitic, saggy backside .... well it ain't gonna be pretty folks! ....

Posted Image

I plan on having atleast 4 tatoos. My parents say that by the time i'm 18 i won't want them any more. so for now i'll just keep on dreaming about them.

You should wait until you are 18, if you really want them you have time to be sure of what you really want. My older sister figured out what she wanted and waited a year to see if that was what she really wanted. You can't just go in and pick something off of the wall. You need to put thought into it.

when i do get my tats im gettin them all at once to get them over with and so my girl can baby me even though she's told me they dont hurt afterwards lol

im gettin them on my neck small one under the corner of my eye, both arms, my stomach and chest....

since im gettin all of those, maybe i will need help because thats alot for one day

163670[/snapback]

When my dad, who is what they call "sleeved" (his arms are entirely covered in tattoos from his shoulders to the wrist) got his done, they would have to go in shifts. You can only sit there for so long at a time, so I don't know how many you could get all at once. They'd work on him for about four hours at a time, once every week or two. It took 6 months!

I think it all depends on what sort of tattoos you are getting, and where you are getting them on your body and how well you are going to take care of yourself if you are going to go along with that "old and saggy" arguement.

I have 10 tattoos. and I love every one of them.I think I am just a tattoo sort of girl.I put a lot of thought and time into mine before I got them though, and being a girl I made sure that they were attractive enough (except 1 or 2) to never hinder my appearance. that probably sounds extremely superficial- but a tattoo is a superficial thing to get. mine all mean different things to me, but to other people they just make me more ugly or more pretty.