xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrescasta

Barton @ 2.2ghz Vs Venice @ 2.2ghz

Hey guys. Its the end of summer and im heading back to school and trying to figure out what im doing for my computer for the year. I am currently running a barton @ 2.2ghz but have been thinking about jumping to a64s which leads to a new mobo, vid card, and basically a new computer. Are these new purchases worth it? If I went to a64, i would go pciE, and so on and the prices just keep adding up. I really only play CSS so maybe a ATI card is a good idea and I could get rid of my 6600gt as source players a mini bit better on ATI.... I really dont mind waiting if there are better options. It is just that the jump to A64 requires many things to fall in place. any suggestions? Andrescasta

unless you are going to be doing lots of video editing, 3D rendering, hardcore gaming or the like, I'd just keep what you have for another year or so. Unless you plan to overclock the living sh*t out of your new venice, in which case it would be uber faster than what you have now ... In all seriousness I'd only upgrade if: - Your current system will be inadequate for what you plan on doing in the next year at school (read above examples) - You REALLY need to show off and show your school bros whats up. kservice