xisto Community
emperor

Athlon Or Intel Best products

What's the best  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well of course amd athlon. intel pentium 4 has very expensize proccessors.

intel pentium 4 3.8 ghz = $800

amd athlon 2.6ghz/equals about 3.8 ghz on intel p4. and its only about $450

ive actually seen them in stores. i saw a amd athlon 64 3200 with a gigabyte motherboard for $127 USD LOL.

191452[/snapback]

Not everything is just pentiums and athlons.....amd athlon 2.6ghz emulates 3.8ghz, not equals, there is a difference, and there is preformance difference even if the numbers are the same.

AMD's Athlon 64 are all better than corresponding pentium 4 processors. I tested tonns of P4 based systems and AMD ones, and the only 1 little advantage that I could notice in P4 was better video encoding time. But overall AMD was better, faster everywhere, even in standard SiSandra tests.

Like what everyone else said, it depends on what you are going to be using this computer for. For more heavy gaming and programming, your best bet would be AMD 64 x2. In my personal opinion, I like amd proccessors the most. I have always gone with them over intel or pentium. They have always worked very well for me and I would never want to switch over to a different proccessor. But it's up to you and how much you can afford.I hope it helps. I'm going to be making myself a computer pretty soon, so this stuff helps me out a lot too ^_^xJedix

I think that Intel processors are the best way to go. I have a gaming computer and it has an Intel processor and it has worked very well for me. I had a computer with an AMD processor once and I did not like anything about that processor's performance. If you want the best performance that you can possibly get our of your computer by all means go with Intel.

Yes I agree on most replies, it all boils down on what application your computer will be, if that is more on programming, video conversions, etc.. then it would be Intel, you also have the luxury of not having to worry about maintenance such as the thermal conditions.As for AMD it has the best value and performance if you are a gamer, only that you have to really monitor your system more. If you know this then nothing to worry about.

for normal colling use intel

otherwise amd want hight colling system

162995[/snapback]

From my personal experiences, Intel processors actually run hotter than AMD processors. I cannot document actual statistics to backup my claims, but so far this is what I have found.