xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theillestmc12

Psp?graphics

hi guys..well i want to post this thread because i know some of you guys has a psp..well ya i travel alot and i was thinking of buying a portable toy to use hahaha..well i was thinking of buying a psp...how is the graphics in psp???is it the same with ps2 or ps1...and are they games good???hope to hear some replies..peaCE

I've been borrowing my frinds PSP and it seems to have graphics that you would see in a cell shaded game such as DBZ Budokai 3 or a full 3D game such as FFIX. Right now it is one of the strongest systems around (even stronger than most consoles) and there are better batteries coming out for it so it will last longer that 2 hours. I would recomend the DS though because the PSP will get boring after a while becasue of the non-original ideas. The DS has games that are actually chalenging and very imaginitive.

yeah, the games in Ds are quite coolbut the psp is great interms of graphicsa coupleof the psp's features are nice too~id go for a psp for now, and read mroe about the ds, untile i get money to buy one~

If you look in the battle of the handheld topic I made, You will see the specs of three handheld consoles, that'll tel you what you want.The GFX are a little better than DS's and PSP is winning in sales, but it is kinda like the battle of the consoles, it is who's side you are on, or what games you like. If you don't like that bullcrap of sides like me then choose because of what you would like to play or what your more comfortable with... or buy them both :D ...By the way, no I don't choose PSP's side, my brother has a DS though and I'm not much into the handhelds anymore, and either way I don't think none of the new ones will top the money GBA has made.

hey! i think own a game console is great, i'm agree nintendo has the greatest games they have all the creativity to entertain all the kids fooling arround, but psp actually owns the most versatile consele arround there, i think, it has a lot of features, the screen is really cool, is giant, and the video is really cool too, and i hear about some features sony is going to realize in the feature like:Sony PSP as PC Game PadSony PSP Car Stereo ConnectorSony PSP WebCamSony PSP Direct Data ExchangeSony PSP TVSony PSP UMD Disc WriterSony PSP Touch ScreenSony PSP KeyboardSony PSP Universal Remote ControlSony PSP BluetoothSony PSP TV-OutSony PSP Mobile PhoneSony PSP eBook ViewerSony PSP Instant MessengerSony PSP Digital CameraSony PSP Hard-driveSony PSP VOIP TelephonySony PSP GPSWhite Sony PSPWeb Surfing with the Sony PSPso if you have the money don't hesitate, just buyit, i would buy it if i have the money,but first you would go to an expert source and experiment with all the consoles arround. -_-

hey i will quote some of the features i told you before:

Sony PSP Universal Remote ControlThe Sony PSP as a TV remote could be possible based on the presence of IrDA and IR Remote interfaces. Not sure what Sony's plans are with those infra-red interfaces. A simple remote I could imagine. A powerful universal remote is maybe a bit tricky from a user interface perspective as the PSP has no touch screen.

Sony PSP eBook Viewer
eBooks are already available on the PSP via converting text pages into images. Most likely Sony will bring a real text based eBook viewer for the PSP. Reading books on mobile phones is already a growing trend in Japan. Lots of new MP3 Players already have a text viewer. Sony also has the Librie eBook on the market.

Sony PSP Instant Messenger
There is already an IRC client for the PSP based on the Wipeout Pure web browser Hack. The writer of pspirc is supposedly working on an AOL Instant Messenger client for the PSP. As soon as the web browser is in the firmware many things will be possible through server-side applications.

Sony PSP Digital Camera
So users want a digital camera on their Sony PSP. Looks like its not enough to view photos copied onto a Sony Memory stick on the PSP. Theoretically a Digital Camera could be a future accessory for the PSP connecting via the USB or the Wi-fi interface. There are no indicators that Sony plans a Digital Camera as far as I know.

Sony PSP Hard-Drive
The Sony PSP could have challenged the Apple iPod, if it would have a built-in hard-drive. Rumors that Sony is working on a PSP with Hard-drive are already out there. This would mean users would need to buy a new PSP when it comes out. Which also means that it will be at least one or two years before Sony will bring a HDD PSP on the market.

Sony PSP VOIP Telephony
Well the PSP supports Wi-fi and the TCP Stack, how hard can it be to have a Skype client run on the PSP? Only problem I see is that there is no microphone on the PSP. Not sure if the headset connector could also be used for a microphone. Update: William B. tells me that the female headphone connector has three contact bands inside, not including the remote commander pins. This is historically the case for devices with a left & right audio out and single audio in.

Web Surfing with the Sony PSP
Surfing the web with the PSP is also a big thing for consumers. Sony already by accident distributed an update that had a browser included. Some smart people also recently hacked Wipeout Pure to use its web-browser to access the web. I am sure we will see a Sony PSP update that supports browsing the web and some other PDA like features soon.

Sony PSP as PC Game Pad
The Sony PSP connects to PCs via USB. So why not use it as Game Pad for PC games? A Sony U70 user would like to be able to use the Sony PSP as game controller on the go, saving the need to carry an extra game pad. From just looking at the PSP it makes sense. Technically and market-size wise I think there is not much chance this will happen.

Sony PSP WebCam
A USB video camera/microphone module that sits on top of the PSP for video chatting over Wi-Fi with AIM or other Instant Messaging systems would make sense. This feature request is more likely than the digital photo camera feature request below.

Sony PSP Direct Data Exchange
The ability to exchange directly data stored on the Memory stick between two Sony PSPs via IR or Wi-fi. This would be a very useful feature. The Sony PSP is not USB Host enabled, so Wi-fi ad-hoc would I think make the most sense for this to work.

Sony PSP UMD Disc Writer
That request is a controversial topic as it also of course touches on copyright issues. Because the PSP does not have a hard-drive and the memory sticks just do not provide a lot of storage being able to write music and videos on UMDs would be the solution. It is not any different from being able to record music on Sony Mini-discs. An UMD has 1.8GB of storage. On the other hand the new Sony Memory Stick PRO DUO announced in March have 1GB and 2GB capacity. Of course they will be expensive for a while.

well i hope you find it useful, and dream on!