xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milovoriel

Centering On Bordered Pages ....

Having downloaded a lovely bordered page background, I now can't center anything on the page properly, obviously because of the border .... please help .... I'm not using CSS, just plain old HTML.

Cheerie .... ~M~

That's nice to know, but if you're not just telling us that (you want to know what's wrong), then you have to post the troubled page so that we can examine it for you.

Yes alright, you've made your point .... but no sniggering when you look at my page .... I've now managed to nearly centre the table but I'm not going any further until I can anchor it and stop it drifting over my border when I click on favorites/search etc .... if ya know what I mean?

So here's my .... PracticeWebPage .... for your amusement .... there's got to be an easier way to do this .... surely?

Posted Image

use this

<div style="left: 0px; width: 0px; position: absolute; top: 0px; height: 0px"><TABLE WIDTH="87%" cellspacing="10" BORDER="1" ALIGN="RIGHT"><TR>
<TD>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE></div>

change the left and top numbers this should help you out in center it will take some time but it will benefit you unless someone has a better idea