xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Bob

Doctor's Becoming Robots

I forget what they call the robots, but they have a computer screen, camera and infra-red sensor's. The doctor sits in his office 30 miles away and can speak to his patients through this robot and they can speak back. Just by sitting in that same seat he can control where the robot goes and review patient history and other important documents. By keeping this method of doctory around i think that the amount of doctors could become minimised because one doctor could serve to a whole heap of patients through this new technology. though you would still need doctors that can perform major opperations. I don't know whether you've heard about this but a doctor told how to perform some major opperation by using a mobile phone, i was crazy. With new technology coming out all the time we could be doing some great amazing things very soon.

yep.. each of them cost around 100 thousand if im not wrong and if anyone wants to read more about it goto http://www.beyond.com.au/

i personally think that its really usefull but not too practicle as it might b an obstacle in the hospital because everyone is rushing in that place and if a slow moving robot is in the way it slows down the process and i still think nothing beats real person beat hving a real person next to you

hmm. since ill be with teh medical field in a couple of years, id still stick to the old ones..nothing beats the actual talking and interaction with the patient,it would sound a little weird if you were talking to a robot XDand some patients would follow doctors instrtuctions more if they are able to interact with them too~

if robots would domainate the medical field, id lost a future job @_@but i think its still not that possiable to cute all the diseases in the world with just robots, unless humans can make robots feel.. and have a heart like us~

Anyone is use that feature to kill too. Robot killer that no one can stop. But hey, its a nice tomorrow technology.What if the robot ran dead, lets say batteries become dry or mechanical fault, the patient will be dead by then. :D

Not a good idea. Think of all the doctors who would lose there jobs. A robot assistant would be ok. But i would never see robots being a doctor. Not in my time. How can they know what is an Apendix,etc.

Yeah,I heard about that. I think it's a very good idea.I think they use it just for the operations that are risky and need to be done just right.A robot can be more steady than a human hand. That's one advantage. But I don't think robots will take over the hospitals unless they are controled by a human just like a computer.The robot will only do what the human tells it to do.