xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k2wl

Net Connection Taskbar Icon Disappeared

SolutionNet Connection Taskbar Icon Disappeared

Yeah...D solution givin by one of the guest...Worked for me...

Just restart your explorer...Den its done :)

u get back your icons :P

Thx dude,,,!! 

-reply by Darkside

Hey, thanks a lot! This really works... :) The disappearance of icons was getting onto my nerves...

An Actual Solution (When the Above All Failed)Net Connection Taskbar Icon Disappeared<p>I had this problem and spent hours on various forums, tried all the basic checking/unchecking of boxes, etc., but nothing fixed it. Then finally:</p><p>?Right-click the taskbar, go to 'Task Manager.' In the 'Processes' tab, select 'explorer.Exe' and click 'End Process.' (It will warn you about losing data, but I did it with multiple tabs open in Mozilla Firefox and nothing closed.) Then, go to File--> 'New Task (Run...)' and type 'explorer.Exe' and start it. The taskbar will compress and then reload its icons, among them the missing network connection icon.</p><p>?No idea how this happens or why this solution works, but it brought me back from the brink of a frustration aneurysm.? </p>-reply by Allison

An Actual Solution (When the Above All Failed)Net Connection Taskbar Icon Disappeared<p>I had this problem and spent hours on various forums, tried all the basic checking/unchecking of boxes, etc., but nothing fixed it. Then finally:</p><p>?Right-click the taskbar, go to 'Task Manager.' In the 'Processes' tab, select 'explorer.Exe' and click 'End Process.' (It will warn you about losing data, but I did it with multiple tabs open in Mozilla Firefox and nothing closed.) Then, go to File--> 'New Task (Run...)' and type 'explorer.Exe' and start it. The taskbar will compress and then reload its icons, among them the missing network connection icon.</p><p>?No idea how this happens or why this solution works, but it brought me back from the brink of a frustration aneurysm.? </p>-reply by Allison

OMG!!! Thank YOU! This Actually worked for me! After reading all of the other things, I was actually getting frustrated. Thanks A lot!!! ^_^

An Actual Solution (When the Above All Failed)Net Connection Taskbar Icon Disappeared<p>I had this problem and spent hours on various forums, tried all the basic checking/unchecking of boxes, etc., but nothing fixed it. Then finally:</p><p> Right-click the taskbar, go to 'Task Manager.' In the 'Processes' tab, select 'explorer.Exe' and click 'End Process.' (It will warn you about losing data, but I did it with multiple tabs open in Mozilla Firefox and nothing closed.) Then, go to File--> 'New Task (Run...)' and type 'explorer.Exe' and start it. The taskbar will compress and then reload its icons, among them the missing network connection icon.</p><p> No idea how this happens or why this solution works, but it brought me back from the brink of a frustration aneurysm.  </p>-reply by Allison

Wow it works!!! Thank you ^^