xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
maresan

Problems With Lg Dvd/cd-rw Combo ...not reading burned DVDs

I have a strange problem and I hope some of you can help me solve it. Not long ago I made some backup DVDs of my work. I made them at my friends, because I don't have a DVD writer. When I try to open them in my computer, I have major problems. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't. My DVD/cd-rw combo unit from LG reads it as blank cd.It is strange, because sometimes I get lucky and all the content of DVD is there and I can use it. But this happens after many repetations of eject - go in - eject - ...Does anybody have a more stable and permanent solution to this problem?

In your case maybe there is difference between your friends dvd write and you dvd/cd-rw. I remember when I tried to copied my files from cd-rw, I can't open it, when I found out that my cd is 20x speed while the one I copied is 60x speed, I ;m not sure but this may applied to all. I mean if your friends dvd writer is 60x something and your dvd is lower that your friend, there is a posibility to detect the disc as blank. just check it out. try to open the disk with your friends dvd writer if this will work so the problem maybe is in the disk or in your cdrom drive or dvd rom drive. make your drive works.... if your inserted another disk in your drive then read the contain, so the disc your copied from you friend is the proble...

Hi maresan,
ManOfSTEEL is correct re:

if your friends dvd writer is 60x something and your dvd is lower that your friend, there is a posibility to detect the disc as blank.

Also, there's the possibility that your friends CD/DVD burner "likes" the brand name type of the CD/DVD disk the information is burned onto & your drive doesn't like it. That's called "media incompatibility" ..and is a problem more often than not.Burn the info to a different brand name CD/DVD & see if that works.
Also, some CD/DVD "mastering"/burning software use different tracks cueing info and you won't ever get them to work..no matter what you do because the programs that created the CD & the programs that's trying to read the CD are incompatible.
It's rare'er but it still does happeb.
Hope this helps
RGPHNX