xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k2wl

Virtual Memory Error... Windows Xp

Im tryin 2 Install an Ebook & when I click the "setup" file, itz givin an error sayin "This program requires at least 3MB of free Virtual Memory to run"... There r 3 partitions on the Disk Viz., C, E, F... The Page file size is set as "1536-3072 MB" for C Drive, but other Drives do not hav any Page File Size set... i've windows xp and win 2000Plz help me wid thiz problem... Thanx,

Im tryin 2 Install an Ebook & when I click the "setup" file, itz givin an error sayin "This program requires at least 3MB of free Virtual Memory to run"...

There r 3 partitions on the Disk Viz., C, E, F...

The Page file size is set as "1536-3072 MB" for C Drive, but other Drives do not hav any Page File Size set...

i've windows xp and win 2000

Plz help me wid thiz problem...

Thanx,

160144[/snapback]

3072MB is roughly 3MB which is what the program needs to run. This program would run but it's not the only program taking your virtual memory, they are tonnes of other system files which could be taken this up too. You need to increase your paging file. In XP, do the following:

Right click on My Computer

Select Properties

Click on the Advanced tab

Under Performance click Settings

Click on the tab Advanced

Under Virtual Memory click Change

For the drive your running the setup file from change the initial amount to 3MB and the maximum amount to 6MB

Click Set

Click OK until all the windows have been closed down

Now try running the setup files

yes it is faster but the error persist.

thanks for reply . but what shoul i do now?

Hi,

The procedure recommended by the respectful "electriic ink" is helpful but in case it did not solve your problem you may try these steps as well:

Try to close programs running in silent mode, or close the Tray applications and try again.

Go to Start> Run and type "msconfig" then navigate to Startup tab and remove check boxes for those programs which are not vital or necessary for your computer to boot or run properly. Then restart your computer and try again. Also you can stop some rare used services in msconfig by going to the Services tab and repeat the same procedure for those services which may not help but consume some memory to start and run.

It could be the first step but it is not that late to check the minimum requirements to run the software from a readme.txt file or another resource on the web. Your system may need higher resources to run the software properly.

I hope this little note could help you a bit.

Regards,

CyrusX