xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vusay

How Do I Video My Game? Need help please

Hi. I suppose this is 'game related' and I guessed if anyone knew, it would be fellow gamers! Right, I'm working on a (few) game(s) but I need to know how you make Vidoes of the game, which you can't put on Demo disks, webites, whateer. I tried sipmly filming the screen and, hmmm, that didn't work. Anyone can help me please? I need to be able to load them into Windows Movie Maker.Thank you in advance.

I'm going to assume that you want to tape the segment of your game and turn it into some kind of demo video mix...?The easiest way of doing computer video demo would be to have your computer output recorded to a VCR, DVR or DVD recorder. And put it back to your computer and edit it with your software.

I'll try it but if anone knows an programs which do this then please let me know.

WinTV-PVR sounds like something you may want.

How do you people know that he meant a console? o.OAnyways, software to "tape" PC games: FRAPSSoftware to mix/edit video: VirtualDUB(MOD)Software to capture video: VirtualDUB(MOD) [Well, I remember doing this a long time ago]

Yehr perhaps that WAS worded badly.... Right, I have made a PC GAME and I want to make some TRAILERS/PREVIEW VIDEOS which I can put on my website. How would I 'capture' a video of my game which I can edit on my PC. Thank you.

You should use fraps as it is said before for capturing video from the screen, but then you should use something like Sony Foundry Vegas to add special effects if you wish and compress/encode your movie. I can tell you that windows movie maker is not the best thing to use, try foundry vegas, its a lot better!