xisto Community
areawe

Mmorpg Addicts R Us.... Are You?

hellll .... do not play MMORPG ... or not you will not be able to stop yourself from playing it !! ... i hate MMORPG ... it makes my life strongly bound the the virtual gaming world ... and everyday it's just playing playing and playing ... you will get addicted to MMORPG ... i think that MMORPG is a nice game to play ... but it makes you addicted to it ... and it's just wasting my time ... frankly ... i can be more productive while playing MMORPG ...Ragnarok is my first MMORPG i played ... I've stopped from playing it now ... it 's a nice game but too addictive ... then it's diablo II .... and i've stopped diabla II again with my consistency ....The recent one that i used to play is ROSE online .... oh my god ... it's so addictive .... just like im the one who lives in the virtual world with power and magic to kill monsters ... i couldny resist from playing it ... until .. until ROSE announced that they had to reset the whole game to level 1 ... phew ... and then i stopped playing it from then ... luckily they deciced to reset the game ... if not i will be playing until no tomorrow .. :PMy advise to you is that ... you can play MMORPG ... but do not play it too often until your life got dominated by it .... it's not worth it !!

Im addict to Rose online, hehe...last two weeks before close-down, i played for 10+hrs each day...game is just hack and slash, specially since being in beta mode (missing quests, monsters etc), but the cuteness of characters and their animations and my friends in-game, kept me going and going...Now, game is, luckily, closed until p2p, so i decided if ill play any mmorpgs, this is the one...so im putting gaming a side for a month...and when ill start again, ill be strict enough not to play whole day...Its just the cold turkey thats bothering me right now :P

i wuld say im addicted aswellive plaied many rpg games and when i play one that all my life is around. Like if someone asks me to do something ill say one sec if im playing a rpg and ill do it in like 10 mins when i am done with wat i am doing

Well, I guess I must be addicted...I play about 40hrs per week on Starwars Galaxies, I've two characters (had four at one point). My main toon is a Dark Jedi Knight with a perfect saber and lots of rare items. My alt is a bounty hunter.I founded a city and guild which I still lead (been going for over a year now with 80 members) and managed to get to #8 in the pvp rankings on my server...In RL I am a penniless student studying Games Computing. With many friends and a strong community ingame + ruling a quarter of a moon, you can guess which is more appealing, lol.Interestingly though, I completed the 'endgame' long ago, it's this community that keeps me playing. I suspect that EQ2 or WoW might give me more short-term entertainment fixes, but my friends are all in SWG.Hmm, that was a bit of a ramble, but I guess this whole thread is :P

i love guild wars, legend of mir 2 and 3 and erm Wow and lineage2 lolp.s Diablo 2 aint MMORPG

God, I was once horribly addicted to Anarchy Online. My grades were slipping in school, and after a few "talks" with my mother, I uninstalled AO and deleted my account along with the installer. =(But I feel better for it. It's really easy to get caught up in the communities and the fun that alot of MMORPGs can bring, especially ones that support a wide array of Team Play. This is why I refuse to buy Guild Wars and WoW, for the sole fact that team play is a neccessity and I don't want to spend countless upon countless hours leveling up with a bunch of other people.It's funny, though...you're really doing the same thing over and over again, yet it's fun. No idea why...

Sorry for the double post, but something caught my eye on the way out of this topic:

p.s Diablo 2 aint MMORPG

It's...uhh...not? How?

It's got a single player mode, but wouldn't the online play cover the Massive Multiplayer Online part? And the fact that it's basically a dungeon crawler RPG would take care of the...well...RPG part.

Don't wanna argue too much, just wondering what classifies a game as an MMORPG if an RPG game with online multiplayer isn't considered one.

MMORPGS are a great type of games, but there are way too many arising and you cant call them all great, WoW is one of the hits that wont become unpopular for quite a few years, but i know of certainly 2 games that are going to become great games, even though the developers are lazy :ph34r:. I have experienced that the commercial big guys (EA, Blizzard) make games intended to attract a really large croud, and, with their budget, they can actually easily finance their gamestaff and continuously update and patch, wich seriously undermines the newer game developers, even the amaturistics who can bring awesome games, solely because they have very limited resources. And i dont see this change anytime soon :D

I play Meduwar, Kings of Choas, Hellwars, Dark Throne, Fall of Empires, Oil Wars and Dark Ally..so yea you can say im addited...The fastest pace game I have played is MediWar the age only last one month.The largest is Kings Pf Choas. Its slow to start out. But when it get going there is plenty of blood shed. Specialy when the clans start fueding.Hellwars is still trying to work out the bug and the cheeters are taking every advatage they can.I have to say for Oil wars to be a new game its on the ball when it come to no down time. The person there that owns it is a great coder.Dark Throne has diffrent aspect the other dont as in exp point/lvls and a ranking system.Dark Ally is something i mess with when there nothing else to do..It a simple game..you drink humans blood you get stronger..