xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psychiccyberfreak

How To Upgrade Your Nuked Site a simple how to

this can be found on my site.

Ok, so let's upgrade your nuked site. Make a temporary page saying that you're upgrading, or if you have nuke sentenel, disable your site.
Pick a good version that is secure and stable. Use this link:

http://www.nukescripts.net/modules.php?namwnloads&cid=300

ok, so now just upload everything, I suggest via FTP. You can just select all the files in the root directory and drag them into the root directory on your site. All the needed files must be overwriten. Now it's time to patch the site. Download the latest patch for your version of nuke. Upload it, install it, whatever. Now, go to your site. IF you remember doing certain file edits for a moduole or something, re preform them. Remember that sommare ( a special nuke menu thing) mods your language files, so you may want to run that script again.

Upgrading the database. First run the included script for the version of nuke.

Example:I want to upgrade from 7.5 to 7.7I would run : upgrade75-76.php -->  upgrade76-77.php

it's all in the upgrade folder in the package. Now time to upgrade the DB for the patch. Run "upgradedb.php", it should have been uploaded to your site with the patch. Uprade the tables, and make sure you delete ALL the upgrade scripts. Once that's done, you are set. Check everything, and make sure it works. Once that is done, you are upgraded and ready to go. That's my tutorial, hope you have fun!